Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

I am surviving my 5 weeks "vacation" with my 6 year old granddaughter. I will desperately need a real vacation when she goes back home. I've had a few meltdowns but for the most part, I'm handling it okay. I have her little cousin today too so it at least gives her something to play with. I hope to get all my dishes done.  I've never seen so many dishes. I did a bunch so far and if that's all I get done today, I'll consider it an accomplishment.

• got up and drank bottle of water

walked 20 mins

put the trash out

threw out some boxes that have been sitting around forever

scrambled some eggs for breakfast

emptied dishwasher

cleaned sink and refilled said dishwasher

ran the dishwasher

picked up the rest of the kitchen

gave son his meds for having his wisdom teeth out

shower 

shave

hit a few threads on DF

now starting my job working from home today.

I went to the doctor but they didn't have me down for an appointment. So they put me in for the end of the month. Then I went out with my kid for a few hours. Then I came home and posted some. Tried to read and reply to some. Getting ready for my evening therapy appointment.

Exercise class

took son to and from work

some other necessary pre-vacation trip tasks, but waited around for a friend and she couldn't make it today.

made guacamole, not much of it and now it's all gone!!! :smilingteeth: :smilingteeth: :smilingteeth:

Congratulations tmm!

I slept a normal number of hours and woke up in the morning today... woke up at 4am but it's still a massive improvement. A few days ago I was waking up at 9pm. This is such a rare occurrence for me, I'm so excited about it lol

I woke up and really had a difficult time figuring out what to wear.

Did get dressed. Made breakfast for the family and me.

Have a laundry going. Ran out to do errands. Could not find the socks I like. I hate superstores that assume everyone is the same size, has the same preference for what to wear.

Bought cat litter, cat food...

Came home, took half a Xanax. Might nap.

Drove to the next state with my brother in law and a friend to pick up an 800 pound (363 kilo) printing press and moved it back to my sister's print shop here in town. Long trip. Uncomfortable truck. But quite an accomplishment.

Took some big strange looking beetles that were walking along on railroad tracks and put them back into the nearby grassy field.  Train came along about 3 minutes later.  Hope they're doing okay out in the field.   [Me and bugs]

Edited by Epictetus

Took some big strange looking beetles that were walking along on railroad tracks and put them back into the nearby grassy field.  Train came along about 3 minutes later.  Hope they're doing okay out in the field.   [Me and bugs]

I'm working on my lifetime fear of bugs, myself. I'm trying to teach my child that they are nothing to fear. I'm picking them up and showing bugs to them (yuck).

That said, they are pretty little things when you get to know them. 

All life is pretty, really. 

Peace

I got up at a decent time and did one hour of chores before taking a shower. I'm pretty happy with myself that I managed to get some cleaning done. The kitchen was a mess, so that's what I focused on, but I also managed to quickly sweep/vacuum too. 

I also had a home-cooked dinner and plan on putting away some laundry before bed. 

I got up at a decent time and did one hour of chores before taking a shower. I'm pretty happy with myself that I managed to get some cleaning done. The kitchen was a mess, so that's what I focused on, but I also managed to quickly sweep/vacuum too. 

I also had a home-cooked dinner and plan on putting away some laundry before bed. 

That's wonderful. Taking care of yourself is very important.

Peace

It's a warm one out there today - right now, 91/33, going up to 95/35.  Warmer tomorrow.

Just got back in from trimming some weeds/bushes.  Tried to stay arm's length away from the poison sumac!

Doing a load of laundry right now - two more on deck.

That's it.

That's wonderful. Taking care of yourself is very important.

Peace

Thank you, and yes it is! It's something I'm trying to work on. :)