Sign in to follow this  
dsm

Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

I walked to the grocery store for a few things, which lifted my mood a little, even though the weather has been kind of gloomy.

Since it's the 4th, I helped make our celebratory dinner and cleaned up a little afterward. I also plan on doing a very small load of laundry before bed.

Made it to the fireworks last night and to the parade today.  Getting up and ready for the parade was very hard for me, but I did it. My granddaughter enjoyed it. Then I took a long nap.

I finished up some work for my internship today, even though I cried the entire time and my anxiety was and still is through the roof. I just kinda wish I could go see fireworks but that'll never happen in my lifetime again because they are too loud for me now. I miss having a good day on holidays...

Went to a family bbq yesterday.  I hadn't done anything with a family get-together since October (my mom's 70th birthday party).  I was all ready to go, and was thinking how blah I felt about going.  But hubby and I got in the car and went.  I was there for about 5 hrs.  I had a great time.  I had told hubby I wanted to go to fireworks in the evening, but by the time we left the bbq, I was not up to fighting traffic and crowds.  We live out in the country, so we took a ride on the four-wheeler and saw lots of fireworks without having to fight any crowds.  

Today, I finished a crochet cat bed to donate to an animal shelter.  I plan on making lots of these.  Crochet helps me to take my mind off depressing/suicidal thoughts, as I focus on the counting and the stitches.  My cat seems to like it, so hopefully an animal shelter cat will enjoy.

Jingles On Cat snuggle

I finally made it out of bed at 3pm and took a really quick shower. I'm forcing myself to eat dinner soon.

I haven't accomplished much today, but given how badly I feel, I think I've done enough.

Went swimming at the reservoir with my wife and daughter. Suffered the entire time, but managed to keep it to myself enough to prevent ruining their fun.

Put the last week's laundry away just in time to do more laundry.Got the dishes out of the sink and into the dishwasher.  took a shower.

Forced myself out and took a walk on a natural path I haven't been on in a long time. A tall, lone tree I remember from back then was now dried up and dead. Felt oddly symbolic and depressing.

Nope. Not much, but I was bone weary by the end of yesterday.

I got rid of a little headache, ran an errand or two.

Watched the last 3 innings of the ballgame on TV (we won!! Yay!!!)

Got asked out on a date by a cute girl. Not sure what I'm going to do. I'm not ready for anything serious at the moment. But I don't want to upset her by turning down what is only a first date. Oh what the hell, I'll take her out and just see what happens.

Edited by SongsOfIceNFire

Folded and put away 3 loads of laundry.  Just finished mowing my grass (I live out in the country, so that's about a 1.5-2 hr job), and getting ready to vacuum my pool and maybe swim a bit.

Tried to stay up for the end of the NASCAR race last night... they outlasted me! Race ended at about 1:40 Central time.

Woke up around 9:30am, and my knee was ******* ME!!! Foot already a little sore.

After lunch drove to a local wildlife area. Walked a mile in quiet. Saw a farmer on a tractor, one other guy in a car.

Got groceries later.

I hope I loosened my knee up rather than made it worse!

I am taking a trip later this year and my passport was expired so I managed to get all that together and get it mailed.  Did a little work today, mostly the things I had to do to keep things going. I work for myself but I have to check in with my clients and do some reports now and then!

Good day mostly.

I got up & did morning pages. Got my son to work and myself to exercise class.

I was exhausted when I came home and just fell asleep--because I hadn't slept much the night before.

Woke up, got son home from work and messaged two people I needed to message. Need to message a 3rd one and check off two other items on my list.

My brain feels like everything's on hold until 1) we go on vacation & come back later this month and then

2) when my son moves into his own apartment.

I'm not doing a lot of thinking lately.

I'm up.  Going to breakfast with a friend.  Planning to call a new therapist today to set up an appt.  Although that's not really an accomplishment, but a plan.  And hoping to finish crocheting a pet blanket and one figure for a nativity set I'm working on.  I'm planning on going to the shower after I get done typing this, and actually fix my hair, put on makeup, and maybe paint my nails.  That is something that would REALLY be an accomplishment, as I just haven't cared a bit about my appearance.

Managed to get through the day with only a minor meltdown. I was so tired that I took a nap. Also baked a cake with my granddaughter.

Made it in to work despite my back and lack of motivation, low mood.  

I get to spend 2 hours in a meeting going over and choosing my new health benefits from the monstrous company that just bout out the small company I worked for.  So many options its confusing and frustrating.  

Met a friend for breakfast, filled out some paperwork for a new primary care doctor appt tomorrow, made a mexican casserole for dinner and chocolate cookie bars for dessert.  Once again, put off calling a therapist to set up a new patient appt.

Went to the post office and bought stamps, recycled some newspapers, and worked out for about thirty-five minutes.  A disappointing workout, but better than last week.

Not a terrible day, all in all.

Best to everyone!