Did You Accomplish Anything Today? Anything At All? If So, Post Here!

dsm

Yesterday I took my son to buy a new mattress & box spring for his bed.

Shopped for a few groceries and made dinner.

Today, so far: too my son to and from work and read a whole lot of crap on Facebook while waiting for the mattress & box spring to be delivered. Then I started a laundry of my son's sheets. He'll put them on his bed--I won't.

I may need a little nap.

Yesterday I went to the zoo with my sister, my two nieces (18 mos and 5 yrs), and my sister's sister-in-law and her 4 boys, and my sister's MIL.  I cannot tell you how much effort it took for me to just 'go', although I'm sure most of you understand what I mean without saying it.  I almost canceled because I woke up with horrible neck and head pain.  But I popped some pills and went anyway, although the pain never went away.  Geez, I took a lot of pain killers (OTC) yesterday!  Anyway, I had a good time at the zoo, despite the crappy physical stuff.  

Today, I sent emails to a couple of animal shelters and a NICU hospital (neonatal unit) to see if they accept crocheted donations (blankets/pet beds for the animal shelters, and preemie caps for the NICU).  I'm excited that I am making a commitment to do this (hopefully...if they tell me they are accepting donations).  I hope they don't say that they aren't,  and then I get discouraged and give up.  It's taking just about everything I have to even muster these beginning efforts.

I went to the store today, and stopped by my mom's.

Now I'm home checking DF and trying to motivate myself to vacuum and backwash my pool, and then finish a crochet Christmas tree skirt so I can start on the donation items and/or work on a Nativity set I've been neglecting for a couple years.

Sent an message to my Aunt, who is a retired counselor, to see if she knows of any good psych docs in the area.  

I have serious problems contacting anyone via phone, or making myself go to see anyone.  What a pain.  I will even ignore calls when they come in, and turn my car around as I'm on the way to see someone.  Ugh.

But...a little progress overall in terms of accomplishing SOMETHING.

Take care!

Edited by countrymomof2

I attempted to bring the trashcan into the garage but the garbage men were new to my block and didn't pick it up. Now bringing it in the house is on my to-do list for tomorrow.

Signing up for this website was something I really wanted to do today too. It'd be nice to have support. 

My biggest accomplishment today was simply taking a shower. It's becoming harder and harder to convince myself to take one every day, but somehow I manage to do it. It's still such a chore though.

I made a new bracelet for myself and called my insurance company to find out how much it would be to insure a motorcycle.

Mine is gonna skyrocket... Went to 3 clerk offices today because I had to fix an officers mistake made on my speeding ticket I got about 2 weeks ago now. My license was suspended which wasn't supposed to be the case. Was frustrating... It's been very tempting to sell my Ninja.

I made a new bracelet for myself and called my insurance company to find out how much it would be to insure a motorcycle.

Mine is gonna skyrocket... Went to 3 clerk offices today because I had to fix an officers mistake made on my speeding ticket I got about 2 weeks ago now. My license was suspended which wasn't supposed to be the case. Was frustrating... It's been very tempting to sell my Ninja.

What's the displacement?

Curious

What's the displacement?

Curious

296 cc. Have road a 636 before and while I can ride one just fine its just too freaking fast... Especially since I weigh like 106 pounds...

Edited by roadking02

I bought a car today. It was one of the most stressful experiences ever.  I had a horrible salesman.  Now I'm having all kinds of regrets. Then I ran into an old friend from 40 years ago and I'm sure I acted like an *****. My goal is to just relax and let it all go. I have a car and I saw an old friend. That's all that should matter. I did the best I could.

What's the displacement?

Curious

296 cc. Have road a 636 before and while I can ride one just fine its just too freaking fast... Especially since I weigh like 106 pounds...

Ninja's an absolute monster; even the 300cc model. Keep safe out there.

Peace

Still haven't actually applied for any jobs, cooked lentils and realized by stash of dried beans could last me a month of food, have called the good stamp office for the last two days, as I was advised by the people here in town, and yesterday some "unforeseen" event prevented calls, today it was "technical difficulties" (do they get the whole week off before the 4th of July?). Since all the carbs have me feeling like crap, I cut back to eating once a day, so that feels better than worrying about weight gain.

Being hungry all the time sure makes all the food commercial more eye catching. LOL

I did clean a little, shower, looked at jobs, so I am counting that stuff as accomplishments!!!!!

I got a shower today, which was at the top of my list. I can't say it really made me feel any better, but it was at least one less thing to think about.

I also had/plan to have a healthy lunch and dinner. Depression makes me feel so tired and worn down and cooking is one of those things that gets put on the back burner, but a PB and banana sandwich or oatmeal isn't too hard, so that's what I'll be having today.

Aside from those things, the only other thing I accomplished today was the laundry. Luckily that's not too difficult because I can break it up into portions. Having fresh clothes to put on makes me feel better too.

Oh, I forgot that I also started tracking my moods again. I think it'll be useful in figuring things out.

Edited by sweaterweather

I accomplished a crochet Christmas tree skirt yesterday!  YEAH!  I also heard back from a local animal shelter that they will accept crochet cat blankets as donations.  Started one today with scrap yarn that is very colorful.  The colors and activity are helping with my depression, and I feel like it will be for a good cause.

Visited a friend and was supposed to help her with stuff but I'm so exhausted and brain fried that I could not help. She understands and was happy just to have me over for a bit. I feel like crying all the time. Fireworks tonight for me (our town does them on the 3rd) so I hope to get out for that.  I don't really care to see them, but I feel like I'm missing out on something if I don't go. And I have my granddaughter so I must take her.

I walked to the grocery store for a few things, which lifted my mood a little, even though the weather has been kind of gloomy.

Since it's the 4th, I helped make our celebratory dinner and cleaned up a little afterward. I also plan on doing a very small load of laundry before bed.