Sign in to follow this  
dthed

I Lost Everything Because Of Depression

My grades went down, I lost my friends, I physically can't have fun, I'm addicted to videogames, all cause of thie depression that started over the summer.

I'm usually a very sociable student with a 4.0 GPA. During this time of the year, I should be having fun and enjoying time with friends and family. However, I've just been failing all my classes lately because I'm just lacking the motivation to study as much as I usually do. My friends think that I became an a****** for no reason and none of them understand what I'm going through. Sometimes when things get really bad, I have to just attach myself to a computer game for hours on end. The worst part about this is that I have no idea whats going on.

See your doctor and start therapy, it can do wonders for you. Have you experienced anything lately that might explain this? Loss of someone dare to you, conflict in the family, moving to a new place? Anything at all? How long have you been feeling like this and how did you feel before you got depressed?

I lost everything because of depression, too. More specifically, I gave it up because I could not overcome treatment-resistant depression that was being brought on by and aggravated by my situation at the time. I had to change my life, and learn to live a different way in order to survive, and while I don't have the comfort of a great career and plenty of money anymore, at least I have managed to find a way to live in a new way without all of the stress that was causing my depression to spiral out of control to the point where I very well might have considered suicide as the only way out.

You can do the same. Like others suggested, see if you can meet with a therapist or even a school counselor and tell them what's going on with you. Perhaps the path you're choosing isn't right for you, and deep down inside you know it. Make changes now while you still may have the option to. If it's not that, it might be a chemical problem that could put you back on track with the right medication. Just talk to a professional and start from there. You sound like you have a lot going for you, and you'll turn out fine if you start to seek some help now.

Sigh. I know how you feel. It's the worst when you hear people in your life complaining about the most itty bitty things and in your mind you're just like come live in my body. Come spend a day in my mind and then you'll know what it really feels like to be depressed. I'm not saying this about anyone on here but people in my own personal life. I'm alone everyday. Physically & emotionally. It is the worst feeling in the world when you can only shed a tear or two while you're heart is holding an ocean full. All I can say is that the video games don't last. I should know, I play them, and then I feel even more alone and like a loser. I don't know. Maybe try to go outside? Fresh air is really great. You could venture out and discover new parts around your city. Maybe take a walk through nature & just ponder & relax. I will tell you right now that staying couped up in the house only leads to a lonely & withered heart. Let's not even mention what it does to the mind. I say just try to change something. Step by step. Small things at a time or big things, whatever feels comfortable. Trust me doing things over and over and over again will only wear you down till you feel nothing. Best of luck dthed.

Sigh. I know how you feel. It's the worst when you hear people in your life complaining about the most itty bitty things and in your mind you're just like come live in my body. Come spend a day in my mind and then you'll know what it really feels like to be depressed. I'm not saying this about anyone on here but people in my own personal life. I'm alone everyday. Physically & emotionally. It is the worst feeling in the world when you can only shed a tear or two while you're heart is holding an ocean full. All I can say is that the video games don't last. I should know, I play them, and then I feel even more alone and like a loser. I don't know. Maybe try to go outside? Fresh air is really great. You could venture out and discover new parts around your city. Maybe take a walk through nature & just ponder & relax. I will tell you right now that staying couped up in the house only leads to a lonely & withered heart. Let's not even mention what it does to the mind. I say just try to change something. Step by step. Small things at a time or big things, whatever feels comfortable. Trust me doing things over and over and over again will only wear you down till you feel nothing. Best of luck dthed.

I normally do those things you just mentioned. It's just that doing them now doesn't really help easing anything. There could be a million different reasons I feel this way, and the only thing I know for sure is how much I've lost.

I've lost a lot too. A lot of things I cared about & loved. It's hard but I find that when I continue to remind myself of how much I've lost I only feel more empty. I try to tell myself that I still have a lot going for my life. I try to focus on the positive things even though they can be extremely hard to find. I guess it just takes hope to feel a little bit okay. I'm not sure what your situation is or what you're really going through but I'm here if you ever need to talk. I wish I could give you better advice but I myself struggle with what you feel. It helps when you find out what's causing your depression. It's different for everyone but once you find out it can be a little easier to try to fix cause you know what you need to do. I think if you talk to someone about it you might feel a little better. I know I tend to gravitate towards distractions like video games cause I have no one to talk to so maybe it's the same for you? Feel free to message me anytime.