Sign in to follow this  
onlinefitnesstrainer24

Lost And Confused

There's something from my past that deals with sexual behavior that is holding me back and literally haunting me. It all was due to walking in on something on the television that grown ups were watching that I shouldn't have walked in on. IT IS CREATING SO MUCH STRESS FOR ME BECAUSE I FEEL GUILTY, ASHAMED, AND NOT NORMAL!! :(

Thank you, I have dealt with PTSD before, but I think you could be right in the fact that this is haunting me. That is exactly what happened, I saw something sexual on the TV that some adults were watching and have been attracted to what I saw ever since. It's been with me since I was a child, and it has caused me a lot of pain and inner turmoil due to feelings of shame, disgust, and abnormality. When I was so young and first saw what I saw I tried to act on it (I had no clue what sex even was, I was a little kid) and thought that I had an STD and that was what was wrong with me. I think this has affected my who sexual life in general, not to mention cause me a lot of stress.

I can relate... this has absolutely effected my life, mostly my relationships and caused a lot of detachment. I did a few sessions of EMDR which helped a lot, but its also just a daily choice of how i choose to view myself, choose to not listen to the lies i tell myself.... ( we know the lies) i think sometimes its easier to agree with it then to fight it.

There's something from my past that deals with sexual behavior that is holding me back and literally haunting me. It all was due to walking in on something on the television that grown ups were watching that I shouldn't have walked in on. IT IS CREATING SO MUCH STRESS FOR ME BECAUSE I FEEL GUILTY, ASHAMED, AND NOT NORMAL!! :(

onlinefitnesstrainer24

Yikes, I think the younger you are the more adversely you would be affected by witnessing anything like that. It must have been embarrassing! I am a dad and grampa a brother and husband. As you mature and make your way through life you will find yourself become immune to most sexual embarrassment. Your parents changed your diaper and saw your bare bottom. I once had surgery on my testicle, I was horrified! Next time it was a hernia in the groin, and I got shaved down there by a crazy female nurse!!! The last 2 months it has been heart artery repair and I've had my groin shaved twice. I'm wearing long sleeve shirts because this nurse thought my lower arm was too hairy. I now have a half shaved arm. Women in childbirth, there are 4-6 people watching. I wish we could all walk around naked and get over the silly notion about are private parts, it would sure help with unwarranted anxiety! I think we worry too much!