What Do You Spend The Majority Of Your Time Doing?

Saliency

Do you guys ever think about changing to something new? I'd really like to find something a bit more "stimulating" something that I could actually care about

Hey. I also abhor my job. I want to walk out pretty much the whole time I am there. I would too if I could.

Anyway, as for your question, I've thought of switching back to a line of wwork that is more in-tune with mmyfield of study. However, the realization that I couldn't even finish my masters or hold down my lab job prevents me from taking a step forward. That and the meaninglessness of it all...

Most days I pace around the house, or sit on the floor staring into space. I've recently been able to get into games and books again, so spend as much time as I can lost in one or the other. Anything I can do to make my brain stop pestering me with how terrible of a person I am, and how I deserve to be miserable and on and on.

Back in 2009 I would go out for long walks and take pictures, but these days I can't find anything beautiful about the world.

• 4 weeks later...

i work in a really demanding customer service job for about 24 hours a week. i spend the rest of my time taking care of my mother. when im alone and i dont have to do anything for my mother, i sometimes drink alcohol and think about how my life is consumed by things i do not enjoy. when i have enough energy i write and draw. i love to write and draw more than anything but i dont always have the energy. rather than working in my s***ty job or helping my mother with stuff, i would rather be teaching myself and learning interesting things, i would rather be reading the great world literatures.

Edited by blueyonder

Since I'm in school, I'm usually studying and working on assignments. I also have an internship and a couple volunteer gigs so I spend a few hours (~15 a week) doing that. Otherwise, I'm either lost in my thoughts, watching TV, surfing the web or being anxious or depressed about random things....maybe I'll see some friends every now and then, too. I try to stay productive to keep the anxious/depressed thoughts out of my head, but it's difficult. I wish I could put those bad energies and thoughts into something productive.

I spend a lot of time day dreaming about what it would be like to be someone who isn't me.

Me too. When not working I desperately try to find a bit of hope. Something I can BELIEVE in that makes sense. (No More False Hope BS!)

After many, many years I have yet to find a way out of Treatment Resistant Depression hell.

Now.... still searching for my last ditch solution but for the most part I'm gathering the courage to leave

...gravity

I work full time and as much as anything I'm grateful for the distraction that brings. Besides that, I do an awful lot of procrastinating online but when I'm not I'll be on my exercise bike watching TV or I'll meet friends in a pub or something. I could definitely do with a new hobby, but I don't feel like I can dedicate myself to much if anything.

I would love to be able to work again but it is impossible. I have a friend who owns a pizza buizziness (not what I have ever done, my degree and work was in Early Childhood Ed. ) and she gave me a pat time job, 3 hour aday ,3 days a week making pizza in the back. Not hard but my anxiety was paralyzing (this was a few years ago). I last 1 1/2 days. She was very good about it. Her son has suffers from anxiety. I have been on disability (SSDI) for 13years.

I spend a lot of time watching TV (nothing sappy though, has to make me think), have appointments to go to daily (Therapy 3 1hour sessions 3 days a week), I walk for at least 45 minutes daily to try to keep my mind clearer and body feeling better, I make myself go to the communityroom (I live in an apartment building for those with chronic mental illnesses) and socialize with others(I really would rather not like to get out but it is part of my treatment plan that my psych and therapist have set up and will be checked when SS checks up every once in awhile).

When weekends come around like today, I have spent most of it so far on the couch watching NFL Football. :) , cleaning and baking.

So most of the stuff I do is around a small community I live in or someone takes me to other appts as I can no longer drive due to seizures that I have after a stroke in July 2012. Yea! It sucks! I feel like I have lost all independence. :(

I work a 37.5 hour week, and see my family once or twice a week, my friends maybe once or twice a week too. I live by myself so most of the time I am alone, either watching TV, playing video games or worrying about all the stuff I should be doing.

I fantasise a lot too, about the type of life I would like to have or about how awful my life currently is. I wish I could stop doing this and actually do something that's real but I've been finding it so hard recently.

I'd like to take up running, or go out more, but I'm too scared to try and I don't have anyone to do anything with.

I'm in front of my computer usually 16 hours per day, 7 days per week. I'm a blogger and it's all I ever do. It's a good excuse for doing nothing else. I'd much rather be cleaning, walking, living, but I have no interest in actually doing those things.