Sign in to follow this  
mikehad

What Scares You The Most.

Not finishing my degree and not being able to maintain a decent, full-time job.

Also my sleep paralysis and hallucinations upon waking/while falling asleep. If you've ever experienced it you'll know how terrifying it is to wake up in total darkness and not be able to move. It often also feels like there is someone else in the room, watching you.

Edited by Saliency

Also my sleep paralysis and hallucinations upon waking/while falling asleep.

Hi Saliency I agree. I used to get that frequently.

Also, zombies. Imagine if they were real? Would be terrifying.

Not being believed by anyone when I open up about my problems and try to find a solution. Having people tell me something is all in my head, because they're either too afraid to face the fact that the problem exists, or they feel helpless for not being able to find a solution, so they blame it all on me just so their own ego and sense of security is protected.

Edited by Saliency

Scary movies (the ones with lots of drama) just freak me out.

I like drama as a genre, but if you're talking about horror movies, I can relate. Some horror movies I really like, but some of them scare me. They don't scare me because of the content of the film itself, but what the content says about society and the people who made it. It disturbs me when a horror movie comes out that depicts the victimisation/m***** of a completely innocent person or group of people, and their victimisation is the focal point around which every other element of the film revolves. Then people say this movie where this person got tortured and ******** (or whatever) is a great film, and I'm thinking, "So it's cool to see innocent people suffering horribly for no apparent reason?"

My brother and I will be flying out to visit our parents and other family in Colorado next month.

What scares me is plane crashes. I have always had a borderline fear of flying, but it gets more intense as the day of our trip grows near. We visit them twice per year, so I should be used to flying by now. But still...it's the anticipation of it that scares me.

Once the day arrives, after a night of no sleep most likely, I usually triple my klonopin dosage to avoid panic attacks.

Yet in the end, I realize that flying is very safe. If only my mind would understand that.

Edited by AloneGuy

uhh where do I start?.. knives, needles, bugs, spiders, big dogs, dancing in public, singing in public, police officers, being boring or weird, being forgotten, my father when he is angry, people seeing the real (depressive suicidal) side of me, being used, being laughed at...

Edited by Waffles

Sign in to follow this