I'm Getting Better!!!

Moody Blues

I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for over 20 yrs. I've been on so many meds, I've lost count.

I started CBT 7 months ago and I can't believe how much it has helped.

I'm starting to feel better and better everyday, I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I went back to work, after a 7 yr. hiatus due to my depression/anxiety. I work as an RN and the stress can be overwhelming at times.

I can't believe how well I'm handling situations at work. I'm so proud of myself, I'm helping others and becoming a productive human being. I've been working so hard to get back on my feet mentally!

I wanted to post a positive thread and let people know there is hope, for those who are dealing with depression.

I'm sure there will be times when I may stumble and fall, but I feel I'll be able to stand up and keep fighting. :thumbs-up:

So Glad to hear how well You are doing Moody Blues.

You must be beside yourself with joy and confidence in overcoming depression and anxiety. Very Happy for You

Just don't do as I---I talked my Pdoc into coming off the meds, I was doing so well. He ageed that I could try after much persuading. He told me it wouldn't work but being head=strong I had to try. Worked out well for about 2 weeks then started sliding very fast into a deep depression. Took about 2 months to get back to feeling well again. I won't try that again. I am doing OK as long as I remember the CBT,EBT and take my meds.

Hoping the best for YOU

Great news indeed.

Sure if you want, keep on posting and letting us know how you get on. Sure, there are going to be blips, but as you stated, the very fact that you are dealing with what might have been overwhelming a few months ago, is a pure sign that you are finding the most important thing ... FAITH IN YOURSELF!!

I've been dealing with depression and anxiety for over 20 yrs. I've been on so many meds, I've lost count.

I started CBT 7 months ago and I can't believe how much it has helped.

I'm starting to feel better and better everyday, I can actually see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I went back to work, after a 7 yr. hiatus due to my depression/anxiety. I work as an RN and the stress can be overwhelming at times.

I can't believe how well I'm handling situations at work. I'm so proud of myself, I'm helping others and becoming a productive human being. I've been working so hard to get back on my feet mentally!

I wanted to post a positive thread and let people know there is hope, for those who are dealing with depression.

I'm sure there will be times when I may stumble and fall, but I feel I'll be able to stand up and keep fighting. :thumbs-up:

Congratulations Moody_blues!

How is your CBT treatment like? Is it like a counselling session with a practitioner?

My therapy has taught me to change my thought process and that has changed the way I feel.

I started to feel better, a little at a time. I immersed myself in things that put my mind at ease and allowed me to stop the horrible thoughts.

I'm now involved with the things I use to love to do and enjoying everyday. I'm sure I'll hit some bumps in the road, but I'm hoping I'm strong enough to handle it.

All I can say is "never give up" and continue to fight. I haven't felt this good in over 20yrs., the work I have put into getting better is so worth it.