On March 13, 2007 at 10:22 PM, kstours said:
Advertisement

I have several recommendations for people suffering from anxiety and depression. Please know that pharmaceuticals are not the answer. Research the GAPS diet, it has helped clear up gut issues which in turn have resolved psychological issues. Consider hypnosis and life coaching to teach you how to control your thoughts and break the habitual pattern which, by the way also becomes a neurological memory in your nervous system. There are also numerous supplements that can help calm your nervous system. Holy Basil and ashwaganda are two that have a proven track record. 

Drug companies and doctors want you coming back for more. It is never in your best interest to do so. 

I hope this helps. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2014 at 10:10 AM, LyricsToMyLife said:

My largest issue that I have is that I have my own ways to stop panic and anxiety attacks (clench and unclench my fists 100 times, breathing exercises, etc.) but in really bad cases I've used meditation but the problem is that it lowers my stress and the feeling of sheer panic but it makes my anxiety go through the roof. There have been times that meditiation actually caused anxiety attacks.

Anyone else expericence something like that? Where something might help one part of the problem but make another part worse?

Have you tried breathing into a paper bag? I've learned so much about stress over the last 3 years, and one thing I learned is that most people who have anxiety chronically hyperventilate, and actually breath TOO many times per minute, not retaining enough Co2. That's why some people pass out, because their Co2 gets too low and they are breathing shallowly. Anyway....I don't deal with anxiety anymore but I still will do bag breathing just for general health and anti-aging. And I love that's it's free and there's no side effects. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also known as, or similar to, 'Box Breathing.'

That's what I think of when it comes to this type of technique, and I've most often used it in extreme situations where I want to self harm, or in the middle of a rush at work and I'm about to faint from a panic attack. Is said to also be beneficial done in the morning, and before bed etc. for a few minutes every day.

Also important to breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth.

design1-300x275.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

But Yoga is very helpful to us in the morning. But we are in depression or stress that time I think we should use Fidget toy that's also very helpful...  

Edited by 20YearsandCounting
remove large image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Things had been going pretty well for awhile as far as not having panic attacks. It was nice to almost forget the feeling of them, but everyday stresses and triggers that I deal with on the daily have made them come back in full force. Just when you think that you haven't had them for a good amount of time, they creep up on you again. In my case, I never got away from the biggest thing that triggers them which is a particular abusive person in my life, but I just seemed to be able to curb them so they didn't happen for quite a while. But these last couple of weeks seem to be a literal non stop anxiety attack. I try to only cry and really deal with it's full effects by myself in my room and I've been feeling like I just don't want to be here anymore some days. I know a lot of us have similar experiences. I just hate that I was doing so well and then it came back again. I know good and well that anxiety doesn't just go away and that I will always have it, but sometimes you have false hope that maybe it won't come back. Just hating where my life is right now and that I'm so stuck with this constant anxiety with no/little relief. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had no clue that my stomach issues could be related to my illness! I'm sitting here now and it's bothering me as I read through (gurgles/bloating) I am also in a depressive downfall at the moment. Hoping to get some rest soon and feel better in the morning but, I'm not trying to kid myself too much. I also hate the weird knots/butterflies I wake up to many mornings. Like "oh here we are about to do this, again" 😢

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/22/2017 at 5:05 PM, Icy_rose88 said:

Things had been going pretty well for awhile as far as not having panic attacks. It was nice to almost forget the feeling of them, but everyday stresses and triggers that I deal with on the daily have made them come back in full force. Just when you think that you haven't had them for a good amount of time, they creep up on you again. In my case, I never got away from the biggest thing that triggers them which is a particular abusive person in my life, but I just seemed to be able to curb them so they didn't happen for quite a while. But these last couple of weeks seem to be a literal non stop anxiety attack. I try to only cry and really deal with it's full effects by myself in my room and I've been feeling like I just don't want to be here anymore some days. I know a lot of us have similar experiences. I just hate that I was doing so well and then it came back again. I know good and well that anxiety doesn't just go away and that I will always have it, but sometimes you have false hope that maybe it won't come back. Just hating where my life is right now and that I'm so stuck with this constant anxiety with no/little relief. 

I know it has been a really long time since I posted on here so I figured I would give you guys an update on what is going on and how I am currently feeling and whatnot. Things went drastically downhill since April and not only has my Dad been in the hospital more frequently, I was also hospitalized for a bit because of the cyst that I have in my brain, because it was growing. As far as the panic and anxiety, I am trying to find a doctor that will prescribe something solely for anxiety that I can take not necessarily daily, but just when I am having a panic attack full on to stop it..My family doctor "doesn't believe in anxiety/panic attacks" and thinks that I can willingly control it if I try hard enough which we all know is bulls*** in the fullest. I continue to be pushed out of people's lives whom I have put 100% into, which makes me cautious and anxious to be in relationships and things. I am dating someone now and it is going well so far and I hope it stays that way. I miss you all. I still feel like I don't want to be here anymore honestly.

• 1 month later...