What Are You Reading?

arboria

Rendezvous with Rama. Hard scifi. Dry, but chapters short so it helped with depression lack of interest thing. I personally dont care if my fiction book follows the known laws of physics and I dont want to read chapters of scientists discussions. But I cant put it down cause I want to know what the **** Rama is?!?

"Wounded (A New History of the Western Front in World War I)" by Emily Mayhew. About the care of the war wounded, from the perspective of stretcher bearers, nurses, chaplains at forward hospitals, etc.

I find the First World War to be a tremendously sad, unbelievably horrifying, and yet human conflict - stories like the ones in this book emphasize the side of humanity.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a page to go so I guess I am still reading it :happy: , it is a book an Al-Andalus which was the

Islamic state that occupied modern day Spain from when they took it over from the Visigoths

up until the Reconquista. I found it very interesting as I had no prior knowledge of this particular

period in Spanish history, it is also very well illustrated with some wonderful colour photographs

of the various mosques and palaces and castles built by the Muslims who lived there.

They certainly created some beautiful works of art and the most amazingly decorated buildings.

• 3 weeks later...

American Supercar by Roger Huntington. Traces the history of factory performance cars from U.S. manufacturers.

I'll take a 1965 Plymouth Satellite with the 426S V8 (not hemi, but wedge). Give me 2.76 tail gears and a wide ratio 4-speed. High speed cruising!