What Are You Reading?

arboria

I found a book called Doctor Who and Philosophy that's good for light reading. I was reading The Pragmatic Programmer but honestly, I think it's more for employed programmers than hobbyists.

Edited by Bebop

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished an Ultralight Backpacking tips book. Bought another book on backpacking by tge same author and its arriving TODAY! im so excited.

Started reading Wild: From Lost To Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed. 

My dream is to hike the whole PCT so this book obviously is of interest to me. She was even more unprepared than i was on my first trek lol. I laughed out loud literally when i read about how she packed her pack the day of and couldnt move it. 

@LonelyHiker

Edited by Natasha1

I don't barely read... I always have to go back and check whether I read was right? I wish I read more often though... It's fun! :happy:

Anyone recommend a good story for me to read? :unsure:

I LOVE psychological thrillers like "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?" That's also my favourite movie of ALL time! :hearthrob:

I also love drama, tragedy and romance, with adult themes such as d--nking and dr-gs :unsure:

Thanks! :icon12:

• 3 weeks later...

Just started reading The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss... but having trouble getting into it. 

On 12/29/2017 at 8:32 PM, babyxgothxx said:

I don't barely read... I always have to go back and check whether I read was right? I wish I read more often though... It's fun! :happy:

Anyone recommend a good story for me to read? :unsure:

I LOVE psychological thrillers like "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?" That's also my favourite movie of ALL time! :hearthrob:

I also love drama, tragedy and romance, with adult themes such as d--nking and dr-gs :unsure:

Thanks! :icon12:

I haven't read what ever happened to baby jane... 

But last night I finished A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena and found it pretty good. 

45 minutes ago, ambiguity said:

Just started reading The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss... but having trouble getting into it. 

I haven't read what ever happened to baby jane... 

But last night I finished A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena and found it pretty good. 

Thanks I'll check it out x

• 1 month later...

I went to a used book store today and picked up 8 new books to try to encourage myself to start reading again. It was a long deliberation before I decided which one to start first.

I landed on The Subtle Art of Not Giving a **** by Mark Manson. 

I'm like, 10 pages in and really digging it. Quite a refreshing tone.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2018 at 7:34 PM, velvetpuddles said:

I went to a used book store today and picked up 8 new books to try to encourage myself to start reading again. It was a long deliberation before I decided which one to start first.

I landed on The Subtle Art of Not Giving a **** by Mark Manson. 

I'm like, 10 pages in and really digging it. Quite a refreshing tone.

On 3/4/2018 at 0:11 AM, evalynn said:

@velvetpuddles I've heard that book is really good. Please keep us updated on what you think.

I just finished it and really enjoyed it! It has a refreshing tone and gives a lot of food for thought. I'm not sure how to put everything in to practice, really. But there are definitely nuggets of inspiration throughout. I found myself taking pictures of some paragraphs just to keep those thoughts with me every day on my phone. I would recommend it. Granted, I don't usually read that sort of book, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it did make me re-examine my life and priorities and anxieties throughout. I felt a bit at peace when I closed the back cover.

New book tomorrow, just have to decide first!