Sign in to follow this  
arboria

What Are You Reading?

2 hours ago, Maryyy said:

Did you like it??

Made me laugh. I shoukd pick it back up again. Just too busy to ever read anything. I start and tgen get caught up in everything and cant sit to focus. Unless its work.

Jeaniene Frost

Entertaining and as it turns out she is one of the better vamp authors so I'm rummaging through some others now. Cat and Bones are my favorite pair. Lots of fighting, sexual frustration, entertaining stories. Vlad and Leila are next. He's just a a loveable, brutal, axehole, but I like the read. The others are fun too. The women in these novels are feisty. I call them "vamp tramp" novels but there are other names. They play on vampires actually not being horrible, at least most of them aren't. Just bad ones like with any other race. Once I started I read the whole set in a couple of months between studying for other things.

Night Huntress series (Cat and Bones)
HALFWAY TO THE GRAVE

ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE

AT GRAVE’S END

DESTINED FOR AN EARLY GRAVE

THIS SIDE OF THE GRAVE

ONE GRAVE AT A TIME

UP FROM THE GRAVE

OUTTAKES FROM THE GRAVE (A Night Huntress deleted scenes and alternate versions anthology) 

Night Huntress World novels (Stand-alones set in the Night Huntress universe):

FIRST DROP OF CRIMSON (Spade and Denise)

ETERNAL KISS OF DARKNESS (Mencheres and Kira) .

Night Prince series (Vlad and Leila):

ONCE BURNED

TWICE TEMPTED

BOUND BY FLAMES

INTO THE FIRE 

Edited by Tungsten Aromatics
Link in violation of ToS

Adam Neville - Apartment 16

He is advertised on the book as next Stephen King - I'm not seeing it. I'm 59% through and it's a struggle, l may not finish this one.

I've been having a hard time reading lately.  I'm currently trying to work my way through Prince Lestat by Anne Rice.  I was so in love with Anne Rice books a few decades back, but I've just been struggling to read these days.  I get too easily distracted and can't seem to get through more than a few pages.

15 hours ago, ghost_reborn said:

I've been having a hard time reading lately.  I'm currently trying to work my way through Prince Lestat by Anne Rice.  I was so in love with Anne Rice books a few decades back, but I've just been struggling to read these days.  I get too easily distracted and can't seem to get through more than a few pages.

I was a twenty five year old man when I became a vampire and the year was seventeen ninety one..  

Re-visiting an old and very dear friend....  :thumbsup:  :Coopwink:

Re-reading the Legend of Drizzt series by RA Salvatore. I'm only on Sojourn, #3, so we've barely gotten started.  

I've missed Drizzt.   I'll be so glad when he finally meets true friends.  (Bruenor, Cattie-Brie, Wulfgar)

Drizzt is one of the things I am genuinely and deeply thankful for....  :blush21:

Currently listening to Mort from the Discworld series. I tried listening to the first book a few months ago but found it a bit boring. This one is holding my interest.

I have Vampire Hunter D novels I should catch up on but those get tedious and repetitive. I do like the writing style, though.

Listened to Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig recently. The Humans is one of my favorite audiobooks, but I found this one only okay. It's like a memoir/self-help book about his breakdown and depression. In any case, I liked this quote:

Depression is also smaller than you. Always, it is smaller than you, even when it feels vast. It operates within you, you do not operate within it. It may be a dark cloud passing across the sky but - if that is the metaphor - you are the sky. You were there before it. And the cloud can't exist without the sky, but the sky can exist without the cloud.

Zipping through the Sookie Stackhouse books, of which I never finished the last one. It's definitely one of my favorite series. I hope I can find something as fun and addictive to read afterward.

On 9/25/2017 at 11:30 PM, evalynn said:

Zipping through the Sookie Stackhouse books, of which I never finished the last one. It's definitely one of my favorite series. I hope I can find something as fun and addictive to read afterward.

I"m glad you enjoyed them, evalynn. I got so upset because of what she kept doing to Eric, I couldn't finish the series. 

(yeah, I'm Team Eric, sorry. :blush21: )

On 9/28/2017 at 8:58 PM, 20YearsandCounting said:

I"m glad you enjoyed them, evalynn. I got so upset because of what she kept doing to Eric, I couldn't finish the series. 

(yeah, I'm Team Eric, sorry. :blush21: )

I liked Eric too, and I know what you mean, but Quinn was probably my favorite of Sookie's boyfriends. I haven't gotten to the last book yet, but I have a sad feeling she'll end up alone.

It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not alone in my inability to focus and get lost in a book. Things haven't been good for me the past few years in terms of my mental health which hasn't helped. 

I am currently reading A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin. It is the second book of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, but I have been reading it for more than a month and not even halfway through. I guess it doesn't matter how long it takes me to read it, only matters how much I enjoyed it and if I were able to get lost in it. I tend to put off reading on some days because I don't want to waste chapters on days where I wouldn't fully appreciate them if it makes sense...because of my concentration issues.

(((ambiguity)))  I'm sorry you're not able to get lost in a book as well. I know for me it really helps to be able to sink into a book for awhile.  Maybe try going back to a genre or author you reliably enjoy?  At least with R. R. Martin you'll have plenty of reading material, LOL.  :Coopwink:

evalynn, yeah, I really liked Quinn, too. I felt like Harris really flubbed up when she broke them up. I thought the excuse Sookie had was really lame and very 'un-Sookie'.   :tear2:

I'm reading 'Roadside Magic' by Lilith Saintcrow (#2 in the Gallow & Ragged series) Yay for the fae and urban magic settings!

In an effort to combat my inability to focus, I'm going back to an author I really like. Kelly McCullough's 'Webmage' series.  Tech and twisty mythology and magic?  I'm in!!  McCullough, you are a certified genius!!!  :icon12:  :smilingteeth:

I just started reading The Cold Dish, first in the Walt Longmire series by Craig Johnson. We watched the TV series based on the books, and I'm really liking the Walt Longmire in the book a whole lot better than the movie one.

On 10/3/2017 at 2:19 AM, ambiguity said:

It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not alone in my inability to focus and get lost in a book. Things haven't been good for me the past few years in terms of my mental health which hasn't helped. 

I am currently reading A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin. It is the second book of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, but I have been reading it for more than a month and not even halfway through. I guess it doesn't matter how long it takes me to read it, only matters how much I enjoyed it and if I were able to get lost in it. I tend to put off reading on some days because I don't want to waste chapters on days where I wouldn't fully appreciate them if it makes sense...because of my concentration issues.

I've read the first 3. Just cannot get into the 4th. And like you, it's because of concentration issues. Also, I read alot on my iPad and it's not as easy to lose myself in the book. There are other distractions a swipe away, especially if I have notifications turned on.

I`m going to start reading the Catcher In The Rye or On The Road. I started both of them some time ago but because of lack of concentration I couldn`t finish them. Hopefully I`ll get through them this time.

I've started so many books and then lost interest. I did fulfill my book challenge goal for the year, but I need to introduce more literature into my book diet. Next year I want to up the anti to 30-36 books. I wish I belonged to a book club. Anyway, I actually think I may do a reread of the Harry Potter books, as I've gotten back into the online fandom lately.