What Are You Reading?

arboria

"Sex at Dawn". It presents research on human sexuality around the world, and back into prehistory. We humans might not actually be wired for monogamy. Cooperative parenting and mixing up adult relations are both more conducive to cohesion within groups of hunter/gatherers, or "tribes".

Fascinating read.

Don't take this wrong...Ebola is a nasty illness to be sure. But I think the corporate media are over-hyping it, as they are prone to do. They seem to love keeping us in a constant state of fear and alarm.

Best thing I ever did was get rid of the teevee. I also cancelled the subscription to the Weekly Wipe (I mean, Sunday paper). And I don't listen to rabies radio (my term for talk radio).

If sh!t happens, it happens...

Edited by JD4010

Re-reading Doyle's Sherlock series in publishing order. :book: (I'm just a Sherlock BBC fan desperately trying to remind myself that my Johnlock obsession has no basis in literary reality. Repeat after me: Watson & Holmes would not make a great couple....Watson & Holmes would not make a great couple...D*mn, it's not working.) :upside:

FlipBoard News

Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku

Alpine Decoy by Mary Daheim

Plaster and Poison by Jennie Bentley

Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

The Arrival by Dakota Kemp

just started Dead Hand of History by Sally Spencer

(Anxiety makes it very difficult for me to focus on one book at a time unless it is one I can get completely lost in.)

• 2 weeks later...

Still the same one although I am near the end so I have started one called Gold and Gilt, Pots and Pins about

the posessions that people had in the medieval period (although the book starts in Roman times and moves forwards)

and how the changing items and designs tided into their lives and the changing political landscape.