What Are You Reading?

arboria

I cannot believe there is this huge section of the forum I totally missed! Wonder what else is here I haven't seen?

I'm reading Eight Mindful Steps to Happiness: Walking the Buddha's Path and The Year of Magical Thinking. The first one I've been reading for months, because it is amazing. I'm absorbing every word, and it is literally keeping me alive and functioning from day to day.

Car and Driver magazine's road test of the new 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado. (I've got loads of old car magazines in my collection)

mmmmmm......I love anything that relates to cars. Other than being on DF everday, I'm on Car and Driver, Autoblog, Motortrend, Motorweek, Autoweek, there are many more.

Car and Driver magazine's road test of the new 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado. (I've got loads of old car magazines in my collection)

mmmmmm......I love anything that relates to cars. Other than being on DF everday, I'm on Car and Driver, Autoblog, Motortrend, Motorweek, Autoweek, there are many more.

I'm a big proponent of public transit (use it daily) but I also love old cars (and trucks, and tractors). Growing up on a farm made me an incurable gearhead. All the guys in my family are gearheads, as is my mom's sister.

Current cars are the best ever from technological and reliability standpoints. But the older vehicles appeal to me much more, probably because of nostalgia.

I changed the headlight bulb in my soon-to-be-ex's car a few weeks ago. It's an '07. Took me over an hour of swearing and sweating to get it done. The same task on my first car, a '55 Chevy, took mere seconds and required no swearing. :)

I actually don't have a car now; first time since 1972. I bike, bus, or walk everywhere. Saves me loads of dough (as if I had any to start with).

I'm a big proponent of public transit (use it daily) but I also love old cars (and trucks, and tractors). Growing up on a farm made me an incurable gearhead. All the guys in my family are gearheads, as is my mom's sister.

Current cars are the best ever from technological and reliability standpoints. But the older vehicles appeal to me much more, probably because of nostalgia.

I changed the headlight bulb in my soon-to-be-ex's car a few weeks ago. It's an '07. Took me over an hour of swearing and sweating to get it done. The same task on my first car, a '55 Chevy, took mere seconds and required no swearing. :)

I actually don't have a car now; first time since 1972. I bike, bus, or walk everywhere. Saves me loads of dough (as if I had any to start with).

So true about new cars, I don't even try to do any of the work myself. Everything is plastic and I don't have patience and would end up breaking something. I think my favorite cars are muscle cars from '68 to '70, any of them, but I am partial to Camaros.

And I wish we had good public transit in Florida, but you have to have a car. I can't wait at a bus stop in the heat here. You'll stay younger riding your bike, it will also help you with your lung function. I hope you're going to be around for at least 30 more years JD, you are in the last 3rd of your life like me. I am happier now than I ever have been.

I love the '69 Camaro RS, with that

So true about new cars, I don't even try to do any of the work myself. Everything is plastic and I don't have patience and would end up breaking something. I think my favorite cars are muscle cars from '68 to '70, any of them, but I am partial to Camaros.

I love the '69 Camaro RS, with those cool louvered headlight doors.

I've always been a fan of the Olds 442, and the Plymouth GTX. I pretty much like any old car, though I have to admit I've had my fill of 1957 Chevies. :)

And I wish we had good public transit in Florida, but you have to have a car. I can't wait at a bus stop in the heat here. You'll stay younger riding your bike, it will also help you with your lung function. I hope you're going to be around for at least 30 more years JD, you are in the last 3rd of your life like me. I am happier now than I ever have been.

I love riding the bike and walking. They are relaxing modes, whereas driving can be such a monstrous pain in the @ss. I grew up in the country, where you could drive for miles and not see another vehicle, so city driving seems like a burden to me. I'm good at it, but I don't like it.

I hope to be happy soon. I have become very close with a friend over the past several weeks. Who knows where that could lead? :)

I love riding the bike and walking. They are relaxing modes, whereas driving can be such a monstrous pain in the @ss. I grew up in the country, where you could drive for miles and not see another vehicle, so city driving seems like a burden to me. I'm good at it, but I don't like it.

I hope to be happy soon. I have become very close with a friend over the past several weeks. Who knows where that could lead? :)

I'm telling you JD, we've already been through hell for the first 2/3 of life. Lessons have been learned, eyes and minds have been opened. There's nothing left to do but enjoy what's left. I hope something happens with you and your friend. With your personality, the hermit lifestyle will not work. You should be with someone.

Just finished 'Cut & Run' by Madeleine Urban & Abigail Roux, a m/m romance mystery about an 'Odd Couple' pair of FBI agents. Pretty good, but some of the banter between the two main characters felt a little pointless, and I felt like I sort of lost track of the conversation in one or two areas. Otherwise it was pretty interesting. :smile:

Not sure whether to start 'Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinlay or 'Burnt Offerings' in the Anita Blake series by Laurell Hamilton.

I am about half way through the Roman Soldier and have finished a book called Wessex rising about

the Duke of marlborough and his rebellion in the meantime.

When I find the other book that arrived I shall get started on fighters over Israel at some point :smile: