What Are You Reading?

arboria

-Solomon, "The Noonday Demon" (I'm up to the history chapter, and while it's informative, it just goes on & on..."

-the 4th book in the Song of Ice & Fire series. They take me forever to read. I get sick of all the misery. So I stop & read something else for a while. But I have to find out what happens eventually to my favorite characters that are still alive by this point...BTW, I have not watched the show. I did stumble upon one notorious episode, but that was it.

--about to start "Gone Girl," by Gillian Flynn. It's my reading group's choice and actually we're discussing it today.

--also, I've just finished two books by Terry Pratchett: "Wee Free Men" and "A Hatful of Sky." Want to read the next books about Tiffany Aching!

--a bunch of books about AD/HD. Strategies for dealing with it, etc.

Edited by Dolphin2013

The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger

The Catcher in the Rye is absolute love <3

I just finished The Inferno by Barbusse, and I think it's become one of my favourites.

And since I'm in love with Ireland, I ordered a bunch of books about its history on Amazon and I'm about to start 1916 by Llywelyn.

I just finished 'The World According to Bob' by James Bowen, which is an amazing autobiographical book about a homeless ex- illegal drug addict who is able to rebuild his life after forging a friendship with a stray cat. Heart warming stuff!

I am now reading Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell (I loved the TV series, so thought I had better read the original!)

I also have several self help books on the go including 'Waiting for Jack' and 'The courage to heal workbook'.I dip in and out of these books when I feel I can.

A few days ago I started reading Joe Hill's "20th Century Ghosts", which is a short story collection.

Joe Hill is actually the son of Stephen King...

So far I'm really enjoying it.

I tend to prefer short stories over novels, with some exceptions of course.