Take Ad Meds At Night?

Mornings are by far the worst for me. I usually take my meds in the morning, provided I get out of bed and do anything. I am thinking about changing and taking them at night, hoping they might be at a higher concentration the next morning and make it easier to function. Has anyone tried switching from AM to PM or vice versa? What was you experience?

There's no real harm in trying, although you may or may not find they make it hard to sleep if you take them at night.

Most meds you don't get any real immediate positive boost from the med though, it's about the effect it has over time, so don't be surprised if you don't feel any different

Mornings are by far the worst for me. I usually take my meds in the morning, provided I get out of bed and do anything. I am thinking about changing and taking them at night, hoping they might be at a higher concentration the next morning and make it easier to function. Has anyone tried switching from AM to PM or vice versa? What was you experience?

Only tryciclic meds, because they help you fall asleep and you are supposed to take them before bedtime....90% of the others i know are morning meds, because they might cause insomnia....what med are you on?

I've wondered about this too because many meds take up to 8 hours to reach peak plasma levels. So it would seem to follow that if you took them at bed-time, you'd awaken with the full strength. Whereas, when you take them in the morning, you have to wait and suffer for a while before they kick in.

I've wondered about this too because many meds take up to 8 hours to reach peak plasma levels. So it would seem to follow that if you took them at bed-time, you'd awaken with the full strength. Whereas, when you take them in the morning, you have to wait and suffer for a while before they kick in.

What does it say in the med leaflet?

What did the doc recommend?

I took some AD once that the doc told me to take in the evening....but it would cause horrible insomnia....which was supposed to be only temporary but was not....so i switched to taking it after breakfast.

Doc told me to take the Wellbutrin in the morning, but didn't specify when to take the Zoloft. When I was just on WB, I slept really well so I suspect it wouldn't make a difference when I take it. But the Zoloft--man I don't remember when I had a solid sleep last, and the dreams I have--some of them could be directed by Quentin Tarantino! I take it around 4:30am now and I'm still wired when I go to sleep.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the input everyone. I haven't been on the forum for a while. I take cymbalta, Wellbutrin and abilify. The wb is morning and evening. The other two I switched to evening for a while and didn't notice a difference. The abilify messes up my sleep no matter when I take it. Often wake up at 3:00am and can't go back to sleep for a couple of hours.