Sign in to follow this  
SufferInSilence

What Did You Do Today?

I helped my friend clean her apartment so she can have it inspected next week before she leaves for Chicago. I wrote her a letter over the past week, and gave it to her as well.

Essentially, it said that this past year we've spent together is incredibly important to me, and I'll miss her dearly when she leaves. She said she wants to feel happy about the move, and that the letter made her sad. It felt good to tell her so directly how much I care about her.

Afterward we went to her going away party put on by work friends of her's. We had a fun time; I'm not in the news industry like they all are, so I didn't have much to discuss with them, but we had fun nonetheless.

I'm getting ready for bed now, and feeling a little mixed. Tomorrow may be the last time I see her and while I'm happy for her, I'm sad to see her go.

Edited by Orangejulius
Better grammar

Dropped off a return at the Post Office. Since Jason's Deli was right there, I bought myself a "beef eater" sandwich for lunch. But because I still have a cold, I felt like I could barely taste it. Oh well. Made dinner for my husband, which was my first time cooking a full meal in a few days. Ended up making a box cake as well, as I was craving chocolate. 

Got up at an ungodly hour to drive to my parents' place, so that I could stay with my mom while my dad ran to an appointment. Ended up taking a nap there, and staying for lunch (my dad ordered take-out from his favorite seafood restaurant). Came home and fell asleep again for a few hours. There were enough leftovers that I didn't have to cook dinner. My dad also gave me a pecan pie, so I had that and chocolate cake for dessert which in hindsight was a bit much. When my husband got home, we watched some tv together. 

Went to H&R Block with my husband to get our taxes done. Afterward, we tried out the mom and pop sub place next door; I had a really good Cuban sandwich. Stopped in CVS to pick up meds, then spent the last of our gift card at Bed, Bath & Beyond on a spice rack. Came home and watched some TV, then back out to Super Target to pick up some groceries. Then back home to eat and watch more TV. 

Woke up, got out of bed...made coffee, wrote in my journal, ate breakfast, read, exercised, came home & showered, bought groceries, ate lunch, bought coffee at Starbucks drive through and went to work for 4.5 hours, came home, collapsed...what a long day...ate dinner (I begged husband to bring home food--he did). Watched a little tv and now saying goodnight! Pleasant dreams, everyone! Hope tomorrow is better for all of us.

Slept for 17 hours and missed school

Raged over an online research study that crashed on me

Bought groceries and checked the mail

Realized an ingredient I needed was gone and had to go to a convenience store

Cooked and ate an actual meal

A bit of studying

Edited by LouisRiel

Went for a short walk

Starbucks

Next Act Pub

I am struggling with sleep.   No sleep for the past twenty four hours.

Woke up at 2:30 am. Watched some tv, dozed in recliner a little while, Ate breakfast, Worked out a little bit, now I'm checking the forums to see what is happening with others.