Sign in to follow this  
SufferInSilence

What Did You Do Today?

Stayed with my mom while my dad took my sister to her pdoc appointment. Mom was quiet as usual these days, but she smiled a few times at the dog who I brought with me. Came home and felt very tired, took a nap and then had Papa John's that my husband ordered for us. Now I'm watching TV.

Had an epic shopping day. Armed with gift cards and store credits, I woke up early and hit the mall. Got a Santa statue, two wreaths (a Christmas one and a flower one), a light-up deer, tree ornaments, two t-shirts, a headband, curtains and curtain rod, and Christmas cards. Then I ordered an area rug online with the gift card my sister and her husband got us. I'm still on a high from all the great deals!

Went to the doctor and had my blood pressure checked.  It was 100/70.  He's taking me off the meds for three weeks, then I will be checked again.  It's possible that I don't need them and in fact they're causing me to get dizzy and tired.  

Went to the wonderful world of Ikea. We ate at the cafeteria (smoked salmon sandwich and feta salad), walked all around looking at the staged rooms, and got some things for the house: glasses, coasters, place settings, and a kitchen stand. I was looking for the delicious Swedish chocolate dip I found last time, but I couldn't find it so I bought a Swedish almond cake that looked good.

Came home ahead of the storm (that never really hit). We watched a few episodes of Vikings (still on season 1) and then To Tell The Truth on TV. I've been nauseated on and off all day; I hope I'm not getting sick, because I have to stay with my mom for half the day tomorrow.

Wrapped up a parcel to send to Denmark, posted a letter, had a bath and got dressed, drove into town, looked int the shop that sold fossils and got myself a small trilobite, went and did some posting, looked round the cathedral and went and joined in the evensong service, the choir sounded magnificent :happy:, came home and talked with my special lady.