What Did You Do Today?

Did my best to stay still and let the intercostals heal.  No trips.  No lifting of anything.  Telling myself that, for once, sleeping in the daytime is a good thing and will help me heal.  Had someone drop off some Ensure to up my caloric intake and counter my weight loss.  Feel a little better, but it also feels tentative.

Interesting that Mr. Cat recognizes the difference between this physical condition vs. any depression I've ever had.  He's being quite vocal about it.

kliban-small.jpg

Edited by MarkintheDark

Breakfast and got dressed, collected my meds, went to the organ concert at church, had a look in the newly opened antiques shop and chatted with the young lady in the brightly coloured jumper :smile:, took some odds and sods to the bookshop and have a chat for a while, got my dad a book, food shopping and quick chat with B, came home and emptied the dishwasher, sat and ate dinner and watched tv for a while, came on here. 

Woke up with a headache (again). Watched another episode of Salem with my husband and some episodes of My Cat From Hell. Got ready to go out. My sister and her husband picked us up; we went to our old city to see a orchestra concert in the park. It rained three times before the concert even began, but despite being soaked we stayed to watch the show. It was very good. The Florida Orchestra was performing. The first half of the show was music from operas such as a melody from Carmen, and the second half was music from films.like Indiana Jones and Star Wars. At the end, there was a short fireworks display. Still wet and cold, we drove home. At home, I threw on my thermal PJ's and made myself some tea. Tried to fix the DVD drive on my laptop but it won't budge until I get a smaller paperclip which will hopefully work. Now worrying about it and other stuff.

Trying to stick to minimal physical activity to let my intercostals heal...and that includes lifting nothing of any consequence.  Nor, for once, did I even attempt to drive anywhere.  I hate this...I wanna be outside doing yard stuff.  My victory for the day was a shower and shave.  Didn't have its usual effect of significantly improving the pain, but it feels better to be clean.  At least that helps my head.

I keep trying to sidestep the thought that every time I seem to have a leg up - pow! - something says, "oh no you don't!"

Edited by MarkintheDark

Forgot to set my alarm, so I woke up later than planned this morning.  Did some laundry and mowed the lawn.  Ran into work for awhile, then came home.  Went to grocery store where I forgot carrots but remembered day-old donuts.  By the time I got home it was about 9pm, so I went to bed.  At about 1am, my eyelids snapped open like roller blinds with wonky springs, and now I'm awake. 

I mostly took out all my anger on my back porch. I was so angry and still don't know why. I ripped the whole thing up and replaced the rotten wood. I broke two hammers in the process. Poor steps have all kinds of hammer marks, some even nowhere near the nails lol. I feel better now. Maybe I'll join a gym to channel that energy into getting in shape. I feel and look like a Weeble.

Chris-Payne-weeble.jpg

(Rugged) Doctor Day:  Little sleep but dragged myself thru the shower b/c I want to be rid of this pain with my intercostals.  It's been three weeks since the hospital.  2½ hour visit, but my regular doc and nurse are really dedicated.  Two shots of anti-inflammatories, plus my flu and pneumonia shots.  Plus about three scripts (anti-inflammatory and painkillers) I pick up tomorrow.  BP had dropped to 100/70, but got it back up so I could friggin' drive home, eat lunch - yeah, I actually felt hungry - and finally crash for a few hours.  Very little chest congestion for once.  Very little if any intercostal pains and injection sites don't bother me at all.  I have a photo shoot scheduled for Thurs and for the first time I feel like I might actually be able to physically do it.  I also even entertained the thought I might actually be able to regain the weight I've lost.

My body feels like it went thru a wringer today, like a small version of what one might feel after surgery, but my head's in a better place.

Edited by MarkintheDark

Went to the dentist and found my favorite hygienist had moved on.  (:sniffle1:)  Got my teeth cleaned by the new one.  Stopped at the grocery store on the way home.  Also stopped at a Subway restaurant and they were OUT OF ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST.  (It's on sale this month for gods' sakes . . . )  :veryangry:It p.i.s.s.e.d me off so much I got a migraine and went to bed when I got home. 

Stayed with  my mom for a couple hours while doing some laundry, drove home and kind of collapsed into the exhaustion I've been experiencing lately (I was so tired I left my coffee thermos on top of my car and drove off; my dad found it in the street and cleaned it off for me). Slept for hours and then basically forced myself to get up because it was the evening. My husband came home shortly after and we had dinner, got into a fight, got over the fight, and went to bed. But of course I'm still up now after all that napping, although I do still feel tired.

Woke up and had to clean up kitty throw up because one of my kitties has a sensitive tummy so, not a fun start. Then the hubby came home and told me the ATM ate 200 dollars so he had to call the bank. After he talked to the bank things got better. I worked, hung out with my boy and watched the debate. I am now snuggling my other kitty so, that has been my day.

Picked up the script to start the stepped prednisone course of treatment (6 days which I could extend to 12) for the inflammation...which is ever sooooo slowly subsiding.  No shakes yet from the steroid.  Got word the photo shoot is postponed until next Mon-Tues.  Decided that was my opportunity to continue to rest/recover, as restless as that might make me.  Though stuck with insomnia, my frame of mind isn't bad.  Not great, but not bad.

Threw up about 10 times. Took 3 showers. Drove around for two hours, hoping that the feeling of being in a moving vehicle would calm my nausea. Went to the store, bought saltine crackers. 

The driving around worked, it's worked for me in the past. Recovering now. Too bad this happened on a weekend. Would rather take a day off work instead of wasting my limited break days.