What Did You Do Today?

It's my day off training so I cleaned up my house from top to bottom and did some laundry. I'm going to my tax accountant's office now to sign off on my 2013 income tax return and on my late wife's final tax return. This is the last thing I have to do with respect to her estate so I am glad to have that all done.

Add in one huge meltdown after finishing up my wife's estate...had to pull over on the side of the road and made it home safely. Now sitting on the kitchen floor crying and shaking. My therapist told me this might happen once I had everything done.

so sorry

Doing better now. Many thanks! See my post above as I will be fine. I've been going through the grief process for 13 months now. This is totally natural at least for me anyways.

Did a weight workout, went shopping for a new travel backpack and bought one, filled the truck with gas and practised some tunes on my guitar and did some theory. I haven't played much over the past 16 months due to my late wife's leukemia and her death. At least I can play now without having a crying jag or worse a meltdown. I would have to say that Celexa has made my emotions more stable and my depression is under control. I still have crying jags but they have become fewer thankfully. I am beginning to enjoy life again.

Jeez Craig, sorry to hear of your wife's passing. Leukemia (and cancer in general) really SUCKS.

My best wishes to you.

Thanks kindly...lost her February 2013. Saddest day of my life. Managed 12 months on therapy and peer groups but my depression resurfaced after 18 years so I was put on Celexa and here I am. Take care and all the best.

Walked. Alot. Walked acorss town to the place that I used to work at, saw old coworkers. I guess part of my still wants to go back there, but I don't think my old boss wants me back. I need to figure out what to do with my life now that I don't have a job and stopped going to school.

Thanks, man. I've lost a lot of friends and relatives to cancer. I've had my own experience with it, too (I'm walking around with just one kidney).

Glad to meet you, by the way. :smile:

You as well. You are doing just great given all you have experienced in life. I wish you well.

Thanks again. It's a good realization for me to think that no matter how lousy my life has been, there are billions of people who have had far worse.

On edit: in the grand scheme of things, my life has been good. It's just that on certain days, I have a hard time remembering that!

Edited by JD4010