What Did You Do Today?

Just got back from a 20 km (12 mile) run. Had a shower and will go visit my neice who lives in a long term care facility as she has Huntington's Disease. I usually visit her every Sunday for a few hours along with her immediate family and my late wife's brother. She had a rough go last Sunday so I hope she is better today.

I went hiking and snowshoeing in the Calabogie Highlands about 1.5 hours northwest of Ottawa with two buddies (also recent widowers). We had a great time. The weather was perfect with lots of fresh show to snowshoe on the trails and on the frozen lake by my friend's cottage. Nice to get out of town for the day.

Ran for 70 minutes, went to the doctor who was monitoring my medication (Celexa), did some grocery shopping and checked out summer music venues and events for Ottawa...emailed my friend. That's about it. Hope everyone had a productive day.

Walked and played with the dog.

Cleaned and fed the rabbit.

Did the washing up and put out the washing.

Had a shower

Did some bits on the computer, sent some emails and applied for some jobs.

Posted a parcel

Watched a few history documentaries on youtube.

Read my book.

It's my day off training so I cleaned up my house from top to bottom and did some laundry. I'm going to my tax accountant's office now to sign off on my 2013 income tax return and on my late wife's final tax return. This is the last thing I have to do with respect to her estate so I am glad to have that all done.

It's my day off training so I cleaned up my house from top to bottom and did some laundry. I'm going to my tax accountant's office now to sign off on my 2013 income tax return and on my late wife's final tax return. This is the last thing I have to do with respect to her estate so I am glad to have that all done.

Add in one huge meltdown after finishing up my wife's estate...had to pull over on the side of the road and made it home safely. Now sitting on the kitchen floor crying and shaking. My therapist told me this might happen once I had everything done.

Add in one huge meltdown after finishing up my wife's estate...had to pull over on the side of the road and made it home safely. Now sitting on the kitchen floor crying and shaking. My therapist told me this might happen once I had everything done.

so sorry

Hey Craig.

I'm no expert on grief or anything, but it sounds to me like you had a very "normal reaction" (I dislike vague and technical words like that, but think it's apt).

Meltdown's are painful, but continue to cry as much as you can.

Please know you'll be ok, and that you are in my thoughts Craig.

-Chris

Hey Craig.

I'm no expert on grief or anything, but it sounds to me like you had a very "normal reaction" (I dislike vague and technical words like that, but think it's apt).

Meltdown's are painful, but continue to cry as much as you can.

Please know you'll be ok, and that you are in my thoughts Craig.

-Chris

Thanks Chris as I am better now. Had a shower and a shave, got dressed and am going to a friend's place for dinner. She lost her husband three years ago and we will be 6 widows and widowers. Good people and I need to be with them tonight. Thanks again.