What Languages Do You Speak Or Would Like To Learn?

Achelois

• 4 weeks later...

My native tongue is English (American), but I can also speak, write, and read German (although not fluently) and I am learning to read Hebrew. I've learned bits of other languages on my own over the years, mostly to get an idea of what I'd like to learn more extensively - Russian, Swahili, Spanish, Polish, ASL. I have a hard time settling on just one to focus on, but I'd love to.

Native English, but I also speak french , my grammar is a little off but pretty much fluent. Took a lot of work though, wish my parents would have enrolled me in French immersion as a kid instead,

I also speak basic Cree and I know a handful or words and phrases in Dene. (First Nations languages)

I would like to learn russian because it sounds really cool and Spanish because I figure it would probably be easy with speaking french already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I started to learn Mandarin Chinese in a night school a couple of weeks back. I think I was craving a real challenge for a change and besides Mandarin is a major world language hence learning the basics could be useful professionally as well. I must say I've really challenged myself this time: even though I'm usually talented in learning foreign languages, Mandarin is a very tough one to learn, mainly because it is a tonal language and the writing is in a class of its own as well. (Though in the beginning we learn by utilizing the PinYin system, which I find very helpful.) Wish me luck I'd learn to speak it on a satisfactory level at least!

• 4 weeks later...

Since I'm a lazy bum, I didn't take any language classes at all, so all I do is speak english, and only barely. I would, however, love to be able to speak and write japanese, though I'd like to skip the learning bit and go straight to complete comprehension.

I've got a trip coming up next year and I've GOT TO pick up some French and Italian!

I had two years of French in grade school, but that was in (sorry for the spelling!) mille neuf sont soizant huit and mille neuf sont soizant neuf.

Umm... 1968 and 1969.

I think I also remember cat, dog, green, red, black, and chair!

I speak English and French.

Sometimes I'd like to learn Russian. It sounds like a great language in which to tear strips off someone.

If I were to ever live in America, I'd like to be fluent in Republican. If there is a better language to hate on your fellow man, I'm yet to hear it ;)

I speak English and French.

Sometimes I'd like to learn Russian. It sounds like a great language in which to tear strips off someone.

If I were to ever live in America, I'd like to be fluent in Republican. If there is a better language to hate on your fellow man, I'm yet to hear it ;)

oh my gosh. You are too funny. LOL

I forgot to mention another language that I use every single day and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that use this type of language. This language is use around the world and it's call BODY language. YEP! no need to speak with body language and anyone can understand it, except of course if your blind.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm following learn-Spanish and learn-French channels on youtube, not very serious but still... Unfortunately there aren't any learn- Finnish channels, not any active ones anyway. Strange. Nor are there any learn-Portuguese or learn-Latin channels, at least I can't find any.

I still love youtube, you can learn about almost anything.

English, German, some Russian and some French. I need to keep learning both of those, and I would like to add Italian to that list, and definitely enough Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, and Dutch to get me through a grand tour of Scandinavia. :nod:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...