Fear Of The Earth Moving

I have a fear of speed. If I am in a car driving, the speed itself causes my mind to race which makes me panic. The speed itself is too much for my mind to handle and speeds up my mind causing panic. I'm not afraid that anything is going to happen. I'm afraid of the speed itself and just the thought of me traveling in a vehicle speeds up my mind and causes me anxiety and panic.

But since I am here on Earth which is traveling 67,000 mph through space, just from knowing this causes my mind to race and feel like it's always moving which causes me anxiety and panic. Since the Earth is always moving, the panic and anxiety from knowing this is always there and lasts all day everyday. Regardless of the fact that I know that there is no way to feel the Earth's speed and that what I'm feeling is a delusion and not true, this feeling persists all day everyday anyway due to my fear of speed.

But regardless of what I tell myself such as that we need the Earth to move and many other things, this feeling persists all day everyday anyway. I now feel very uncomfortable just from being here on this Earth despite the fact that I know there is no reason to panic over something that can't even be experienced and that what I'm feeling is all in my head. But regardless of even knowing that, this feeling persists all day everyday anyway.

Matt,

Anxiety about speed sounds very horrible. Many things are moving, and a lot of our travel involves speed. And indeed we are told the earth is moving at great speed.

I suffer from anxiety, though not about speed, just some other things. I dont have much advise... if your meds are not helping, there are many others that you should consider. If your doc is not getting you relief, then you might try another one. You see, it is your life, and your body. It is better to live with a better chance of a less anxious life. Anxiety is horrible, but it is treatable.

I am not in your shoes. Perhaps my words are of no help to you. Please forgive me if that is true.

I wish for good things in your life. - jmg

Edited by jmg

Now is knowing that I'm moving the same thing as the mental sensation that I'm moving? The reason I ask this is because if my mind can separate those two things, then this will help me. But if I were to ask myself why do I feel like I'm moving even though I know that there's no way to feel the Earth move, the answer to this question is simple. It is obviously because I know that I'm moving. But I wish to know if knowing that I'm moving is somehow different from feeling that I'm moving.

Edited by MattMVS7