Do You Know Where You Want To Be In 10 Years?

BetsyLu

I'd like to see myself ASE Master certified, with at least one college degree. Still married, and I would like to be in a career field other than auto repair, where I can work on cars on my own time for my own passion, not day in day out to pay the bills. Maybe something in management or sales.

I'd like to live in a quaint little two-bedroom house with a garage I can use as my studio/workshop and a nice studio for my wife as well. Perhaps we could invite people over for residencies where we teach them trades. I could teach them auto repair and she could teach printmaking. Hey, one can dream :)

And of course an old Honda or Ford in the back yard to tinker with.

I'd like to see myself ASE Master certified, with at least one college degree. Still married, and I would like to be in a career field other than auto repair, where I can work on cars on my own time for my own passion, not day in day out to pay the bills. Maybe something in management or sales.

I'd like to live in a quaint little two-bedroom house with a garage I can use as my studio/workshop and a nice studio for my wife as well. Perhaps we could invite people over for residencies where we teach them trades. I could teach them auto repair and she could teach printmaking. Hey, one can dream :)

And of course an old Honda or Ford in the back yard to tinker with.

I'll take a 1991 Honda Prelude with black interior please! I miss having a car with pop up headlights. I had a black 86 MR2 and drove that car into the ground. Got at least 250000 hard miles out of it.

I'd like to finish my J.D. (in much less than 10 years!), get barred, and be a practicing attorney. I'd like to be in a much better place mentally and emotionally, be in a long-term relationship, and I'd say own property... but that may take a little while longer with all of the undergrad and law school debt.

Edited by neurotic_lady89

Well, I have no hope about the future or any real dreams. Definitely don't care about success or money. The only thing I really care about at the moment is music and people. Within the next 10 years (presuming I'm still alive) I'd like to start making music and putting it out there for free. I'd like to be more honest with the people in my life to try and have a more meaningful relationship (there really isn't one there to begin with.) I want to help my dad get away from his alcoholism, depression and paranoia.

I need to start working on a way to possibly live on my own without having a career (I'd like to live in the woods, which would require moving and knowledge.) This is realistically just not possible at the moment.

Most likely outcomes: hospitalization, death or living in someone's basement. The third is pretty much the same as death anyway. If I could find a way that works I'd devote my life to music and helping other people. Not that easy, though.

Gosh no --- i honestly cannot even imagine ten years from now what i would be doing let alone where i want to be.

At the moment all i can do is take life one step at a time to one day to one hour to one minute....

Two anwsers to that one, I guess.

IDEALLY, there's a woman from my past I'd like to connect with and share life with. Still in this same general area, but no specific preference other than I know that my Spartan lifestyle and small home wouldn't fly with her.

Secondarily, I'd appreciate being here, focusing on improving myself, getting together with friends, volunteering occasionally, and hopefully finding someone to share life with. Hopefully I'd have stayed active and fit enough to be out and about.