Sign in to follow this  
ArthurP

Freaking. Forgot My Pin Number

I was out shopping and suddenly when given the keypad, my mind blanked. I couldn't remember my PIN number. I'm still freaking out about this and it's dragging me down because it's making me anxious and that leads to depression. I was already fighting my anxiety about work tomorrow (my new boss starts) and now I'm just off the rails. Waves of sadness and despair are crashing over me. I called my dad for Father's Day and we talked about it and he told me to just relax, stop thinking about it and will come to me. But I can't. Because I've been in debt and my bank account gets frozen by collection agencies, it's not under my name. It's under my sister's a thousand miles away. I can't just go into a branch and reset it. If I don't remember I will have no cash. The anxiety is eating at me. Times like this I regret my no meds stance because I'd love to take a pill and chill and hopefully let my mind reset.

Edited by ArthurP

Actually the same thing has happened to me. I was trying to pay for gas with my debit card at Costco the day after Thanksgiving, and I just blanked out. My cousin was incredulous. Give yourself a few days. It came back to me later, out of the blue. It's strange the way the brain works, but it could just be a momentary lapse. Bottom line is it happens, don't let hopelessness get the best of you. Is there any way your sister could get a new PIN for you? Your dad is right, the best thing to do, which is hardest, is just to relax since your brain is already overwhelmed. Once you unload it, you will probably remember it like I did.