Sign in to follow this  
skyblueheart

I Hate College

I'm already so far behind in Computer class that I don't think I can even get an A.

the only reason im in college is because there are women my age there. and i thought it would be easier to meet them there, than like on the street where your a complete stranger

people keep telling me thats not why you should go to college. but i dont care. i've been waiting for almost a year for my legal situation to allow me to go to college and be around people my own age.

its not like you can meet a girl at a gas station or at the grocery store, or on the street downtown.

and now that i'm about to start my 5th week of classes im realizing this really sucks.

• i asked this one girl just to do homework with me after class. thats all i asked. and she ignored the question and walked off. i started crying when nobody could see me. and then i saw her walking out of school with her boyfriend whos fatter than i've ever been. so she can go screw
  • i asked another one to have coffee with me. she said shes busy tomorrow with her boyfriend. i got up from the desk and said "I miss my ex girlfriend" and stormed out.
  • this one really hit a nerve. it was the third week of class and this girl i sat next to kept initiating conversation with me, which amazed me because women are so shy or uptight that they have never done that. so i finally got the confidence to ask her out on a study date. then when the teacher called a break, this guy got in between us and started talking to her first. he basically cut me off before I could get to her. so it p***** me off. I figured I might as well write her a note because if I don't ill never speak to her anyway.

so i wrote her the note and it said "i wanted to study with you but that kid who went outside with you totally turned me off. but if hes not your boyfriend then i could really use a friend." and it surprised me when i passed her the note she said "hes not my boyfriend. sure ill study with you."

and everything went fine, so i thought. after we got together and studied on monday i asked if she had a boyfriend and she said no. so i hit on her a little and she acted like she liked it. and we made plans to get together on Friday and she said she'd email me.

then when i got her email it was like "your sweet but i dont want a boyfriend and i dont think ill see you until class" which really p***** me off because she basically was not even willing to try and be friends.

so all I said was "you cant make any time for me in the next two weeks. then maybe you should rethink if you really want to be friends. this is making me want to get the tattoo ive been considering." and thats ALL I SAID.

and she freaks out and goes "this is harassment im reporting you I feel threatened" which is complete bull crap. because one minute she was like "thanks your so sweet" and then she turns on me like a viper.

now i have to drop the class she's in because my legal situation is definitely not one where I can take threats from women like that. its a good thing the faculty is giving me a break on the financial aid.

:uh-uh: why should i even try to get good grades. when it doesnt matter anyway because girls treat me like crap.

all the girls in college are married or have kids or something which makes me feel like an outcast.

especially because of the legal situation im not even comfortable discussing on this forum

skyblueheart,

I hate to echo what so many have already told you, but I think you can see by your motivations and the responses to your motivations that you are truly in college for the wrong reasons. Meeting people in college will be no different than meeting people at work or out of school, and you will many times get the same response and rejections. Eventually, you will meet the right person, but your desperation to meet someone is so evident that it's likely being recognized by the girls you flirt with. For example, it's absurd for you to react so strongly when a girl cries, lies or otherwise about a boyfriend, and then you see them with someone else. This is going to happen everywhere!

You should only try to make good grades if you want to be in college for the right reason-to pursue a career. Otherwise, why waste your money? It would be better spent on a well designed dating service (not site) that matches you with people with like interests.

Sincerely,

MaddieLouise

I don't think you should be dating at the moment. Going to college just to meet women seems like a waste of time and money to me. You also come off as really agressive when girls turn you down which is not good. Don't take it so personally if someone doesn't want to hang out or date you. If some random person comes up to me (be it male or female) and asks to hang out I would say no unless I know them first from a class or something. Most of the time I just want to turn up, get my classes over and done with and then go home. Focus more on just being friendly to people and getting to know them a little bit more before you ask to go for a coffee or whatever.

I'm totally new here, but from what I've gandered thus far no one here is qualified to help with suicidal ideations or thoughts. I'm much more concerned about that than your grades or interactions at school...please visit the forum dedicated to suicidal thoughts and reach out for help via the options listed. Call someone for help...

You shouldnt be dating at all. You should be logging some time in with a shrink before even contemplating dating. I don't mean to be rude, but I can feel the desperation in your posts. I'm not a expert on dating by any means, but I'm smart enough to know that women can pick up on desperation.