3 Funny Facts About You

I love to hear about folks' eccentric or exceptional habits and traits, as I find they make us to stand out from the crowd. No mockery allowed in this thread but let's have a good time and learn interesting facts about each other :smile: You may post as many times as you like, but please include only 3 facts per post. Ok?

I'll start:

1. I use men's deodorant during summer months. I'm generally a 'hot-blooded' person and hence sweat easily, and during summer heat I find that men's deodorant in much more effective compared to that of ladies. They have a lovely refreshing scent too!

2. I absolutely hate cycling, since it makes me feel clumsy and uncomfortable. Instead, I'm a very fast-paced walker and when I was in the university, some guys gave me the nickname 'Road Runner' :cheesy:

3. I'm a big fan of tarantula spiders and became fond of them when I was only two years old! My father even took me to reptile and tarantula exhibition and in the late 80's, it was quite a sensation to see a little girl in such an event. Some of the people there said they have never seen anything like that LOL.

• 3 weeks later...

1. When I get scared, angry or if I think I can't do something I simply reassure myself that I'm Batman. Boobs be damned.

2. I like to make sure I look up at the sky at least once a day to remind myself that the world is bigger than my own narcissism.

3. I fail the moment that I start writing again and fall back into myself.

When I am aware of turning around completely, it nags at me until I turn around completely in the other direction.

Unless I am having a lot of bad luck, in which case I welcome it.

And sometimes spin around repeatedly in private to ward the crappy day away.

Edited by Fate Blackwell

I do all of my writing in a text editor

I have stringent rules for naming computer files

I obsess about backing up my computer files

I typically always use a fixed-width font, such as courier-new

Love reading these! Let's see if I have some more funny facts to share...

1. I love sitting backwards on a train, as I find it wonderfully relaxing. However, can't do it in a car or bus since motion sickness takes me over then.

2. I don't like mashed potatoes and if I have to eat that dish, I almost always throw up. Embarassing, eh?

3. I look younger than I am (27 yo) but as my voice is relatively plummy and carries well, I'm easily mistaken much older when people don't see me, e.g. on the phone.

1. When I was little I used to chew on wooden windowsills because of low iron levels, now I've moved to ice.

2. I'm slightly bowlegged. And I walk on my outer arch of my foot.

3. When I get nervous I get obnoxiously sarcastic as a defence.

1. The numbers 1 and 2 come up a lot in major events of my life. I was born on the 12th, at 11:21, graduated in my high school's 112th commencement in 2001, my first employee number was 012, my first license plates' digits added up to 12...

2. I was accidentally/on purpose named after my mother's cousin. We share the same two first names, although my mom only knew about her cousin's first part of her first name (the part she liked and came up with for me) before naming me.

3. When I was a little girl, I hated stuffed animals. Now, I have four teddy bears that were given to me as gifts as an adult and I think they're adorable.

I keep a tape recorder by my bed to record dream melodies.

I can sex some species of spider.

When I'm excited I sometimes have to skip sideways like a lemur. In a small apartment in tight little circles, or long straight lines outside. It's been a long while, but part of my body still remembers.

1) Despite my (apparently) extensive vocabulary and (apparent) well-spoken Britihness, I often confuse certain words/sounds. For instance, I sometimes get confused between "pigeon" and "chicken" and today I said "cuffee with shoggar" and "Cowsing Housel" (Council Housing). I also like to call Hydrocarbons "Carbohydrons." Amongst other things. Spooner eat your heart out.

2) At one point in my life I had around a hundred pet rodents of various types and was learning about genetic inheritance when I was about 11 years old. I particularly liked breeding mice with metallic coats -- gold, silver and bronze. Yes, they really were shiny.

3) (in reference to the last post) I can sex fruit flies. And describe at least five different variants of red eye colour and the gene transmission thereof. Totally useless.

Edited by Lioninwinter

I've had the same pair of shoes for 10 years (bought them really cheap at the time, wow they've lasted though!)

I prefer to have a few good friends, rather than a bunch of bad acquaintances.

I was actually very popular in high school.

I really enjoy living in the wilderness/mountains. (Cities can make me a bit claustrophobic)

I once had 5 pet snakes (including a 7ft boa constrictor named "Sunny")

I also had 3 pet rats (they didn't get along with the snakes)

You guys are awesome! I think I'll share some more facts about myself as well.

1. I taught myself to read at the age of 4. Finnish kids start school the year they'll turn 7 and most of us learned to read at that age, so I think I was somewhat an exceptional child in this aspect!

2. I've been interested in criminology and true crime since I was 6. I remember one case when my father didn't allow me to watch a Finnish true crime TV show and as a result I sulked for a week :cheesy:

3. I started to learn English at the age of 9, like most Finnish kids do. English is a compulsory subject here, from elementary school to certain courses in the university.

• 3 weeks later...