Hi everyone! My name is Michelle, I’m 17 years old (will be 18 on the 11th of this month! ^_^) and about to graduate High School. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in about 4th or 5th grade, and have always struggled with depression and anxiety because of it. More or less I’m self-diagnosed. My doctor will prescribe anti-depressants to me but I’ve never actually heard her say, “You have depression.” It usually comes in bouts, up until about a couple of months ago when it wasn’t really going away. It began messing with my schoolwork and relationships but it took me a long while to muster up the courage to tell someone and get help. I hope this site will be of great support to me as I start the next chapter of my life. If you want to know anything else just ask! I'm always ready to talk.

Thank you! Hope to talk to you all soon.

Welcome to DF, lumos_on_life,

It's good that you're seeking help. It's never too late. Don't be afraid if you're an AD.They do help alleviate depression.

Use us as part of your support system. That's what we do best. You won't be judged either. We're all in this togeter.

Sheepwoman

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'm starting to warm up to these types of forums and feel safe about discussing my problems here, because for once I know people will understand! I'm so glad I found this website, especially now when I'm not feeling the best!