Sign in to follow this  
Blaze95

Hang In There!

Hey everyone, just wanted to remind everyone that is struggling to just hang in there!

Today I realised that I haven't been on this site in a few weeks, which is remarkable in a way because when I was extremely anxious months ago, I would be here on for hours on end just to seek hope that everything would be okay. For those currently on 10 mgs of Lexapro and not receiving much relief, don't be afraid to ask for an increase! I did so, and I starting noticing changes within as little as one week. Pretty high dose for me considering I'm only 17 years of age, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck to all and I'll try be on from time to time to help others. :smile:

Oh yeah, believe me, it did. Most of the time I couldn't even keep my eyes open during school.

But trust me, it does get better. I never thought it would, but now I'm only tired when I need to be.

Well I was on 10 mgs for 3 months, and I've been on 20 mgs for 2 months now.

For me, I'd say it took about 3 weeks on the 20 mgs to not feel unnecessary drowsiness anymore.

It's weird because my psychiatrist said it's very rare for people to feel drowsy on Lexapro, yet that doesn't appear to be the case for most people.

This is such an encouraging post. I'm not on this one but my daughter is on Celexa and is so tired. I'm going to encourage her to push on. :) Thanks for sharing.