• Yahoo!
    • MSN
    • Ask (Jeeves)
    • Other Search Engine
    • Mental Health Website
    • Mental Health Professional
    • Friend/Relative/Partner
    • Other (please specify)

googled "depression forums" because my health insurance sucks and couldn't afford electroconvulsive therapy again or a partial hospitalization program. even my therapist is expensive but that i really need too. so i thought this would be a useful alternative. and you could talk to people who are also trying to manage their illnesses. reminds me i'm not alone.

thanks DF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My mom was suffering from anxiety and tension after the death of my father. I thought of finding some advice about it online. I googled it and found your forum's link. I'm glad that I found this forum. I wasn't expecting so many helpful advices and posts about depression and anxiety. It really helped us a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That night I was the lowest I've been in years. Like literally tears rolling down my cheeks and my heart feeling like it was going to stop.

I just needed an outlet. I tried a friend I thought would care enough to help me. She just blanked me - probably scared by the emotional wreck I was. So I looked up depression forums on Google and this place popped up first. Spat out my bile in my first post and now I'm here trying to recover, day by day.

I found DF back in 2011, when I was struggling with depression, panic disorder, and grief over the death of my roommate.  Since then, things have changed dramatically and, after being gone from the site for a while, I'm back and hope to give support.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...