Losing The Battle Against Depression

abram

I feel demotivated and depressed so often nowadays. I am trying my best to do things that make me happy but I'm sick of feeling miserable all the time. I'm sick of this world and I'm sick of dealing with people. I cannot get rid of suicidal thoughts everyday. It's like im stuck in this well of misery that I can't get out of. Talking to my psychiatrist is not much of a use because all he tells me is to look up and think positive. But I can't think positively when my life is miserable and alone like this

I am sorry to hear that your depression is getting the best of you right now. Sounds like you are dealing with having some stuck points you need to move beyond so you can feel better. You mentioned having a psychiatrist, but I am wondering if you have a therapist? If you can find the one that is the right fit for you, you can gain a great deal of support. Can you try to find at least one positive in every day? There are some times you just can't look up and be completely positive, but if you can have the insight to find at least one thing to hold on to every day, it might be able to help you. :hugs:

I only have 1 friend and I am away from my family and my friends that I have made in another country. I feel lonely and isolated. I keep on thinking of the good times I used to have with my friends. It feels so hard to make friends in my university