Good morning..

My name is Rosey. I am 28 years old. I was born and raised here in Las Vegas, NV.. I have been married since January 27th but have been with my husband for seven and a half years.. We have three kitties that count as our children.. (Lynx, Yoshi, and Harle) I am artsy. I went to college for media arts and animation but have been a switchboard operator for six years. I like to draw, paint, and wood burn (mostly Ouija boards) when I have the drive to do so. I was apprenticing with my tattoo artist for a while but I haven't much felt up to doing it lately. I spend most of my time watching Netflix (currently obsessed with Doctor Who) or playing video games (just beat Bioshock Infinite.. going back to playing Skyrim). I have registered to other many other forums but never felt very comfortable so I ultimately gave up on posting.. So, I'm trying again. Nice to meet you all!

Hello Rosey and welcome to Depression Forums (you've chosen a cool username btw)! Great that you decided to post here and introduce yourself a bit. Sometimes especially first-time posting may feel somewhat threatening indeed, as you can never be sure of what kind of community you're joining. However, I can say based on my own experiences that here you don't have to be afraid or ashamed. Our members are a welcoming bunch consisting of people from all walks of life and we know firsthand how hard battling against any mental disease is.

Please take a look around the site and make yourself at home. In case you'd like to ask something concerning these forums, you can always PM a Support Staff member, a Moderator or Administrator. As the site staff we will do our best to help you to accommodate yourself. Looking forward to your posts and don't forget to cuddle your kitties on my behalf ;)

Hi Rosey, welcome!

I have a 12 year old son, 2 year old furbaby (dog) named Skye, and we're waiting to hear back from a lady about getting a kitten (my son's really excited, he's never had a cat before), a Siamese.

I hope you'll find this forum as helpful as I have, there are lots of wonderful, caring and understanding people here!

Just got back from picking up our new 8 week old male Siamese seal point kitten...my son's first...Looking for any name suggestions from you veteran kitty owners out there!!! Right now my son's going through the house yelling, Hey No Name...where are you? We gotta name him...FAST!

Thank you all for your hellos!!

Taysmom - Did you name him yet?? Literally every animal I have is named after a video game character.. Though I once owned a seal point and he was named Atlas. He was an awesome cat.

Here are my babies:

13858_176436946763_1575912_n.jpg

This is Lynx.. He'll be six this month and he's the most mellow cat in the history of ever. When he was six months old, he made the trek from Missouri to Vegas in my mother-in-law's truck with a boxer named Daisy.. He actually seems to think he's a dog sometimes and used to play fetch when he was a kitten.

13858_176437006763_1276997_n.jpg

This is my jerk cat, Yoshi. He'll be six in December. He's really sweet when he wants to be but he also enjoys eating way too much and then throwing it up everywhere. He's the worst beggar in the world and I can't even eat a cracker without him being up in my face. We adopted him at six months old.

26188_380155286763_3800503_n.jpg

This is Harle.. She is of questionable age. We adopted her from Petsmart and it said four on one paper and eight on another. I think she's closer to ten based on how her bones feel. She's such a love when it comes to humans but hates pretty much every other animal but hate Lynx above all else for no discernible reason.

13858_176437021763_1267067_n.jpg

This is Bowser.. He just turned four last month. He's a Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix. While technically my and my husband's dog, he lives with my dad. My dad has his litter mate and he would get so depressed after we'd pick him up from my dad's that we eventually decided it'd be better to just let him live there. He has a rude habit of sticking his tongue up your nose which is my fault because I think it's hilarious. We adopted him at 8 weeks old.

Edited by Golden_Jackal

Hey, I love all your furry children!!!! I have two black kitties myself, and a third that is a big Ragdoll. He is very grumpy, but loveable sometimes. His name is Taboo. He is a rescue, and is about 10 years old. when I got him, he only weighed 11 lbs and was skin and bones. Ragdolls are large cats, the average weight for a male is about 20 lbs. I've had him now for about 5 years and he weighs 16.5 lbs. My vet says that's an OK weight, but I'd like to see him a little heavier.

My two black kitties are siblings and are five years old. They are very large for domestic short-hairs. They look pretty much like your Lynx. However, they each weigh 15 lbs! They are not fat, just big-boned, haha! Their names are PooteyBoy and MeowMeow.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope to see you often!

All your babies are BEAUTIFUL, by the way!

The above picture is the one they sent us via email saying if we wanted him we could have him (I'd posted a Siamese Kitten Wanted ad on Craiglist)...who could resist that face???

I took this one...I really need to learn to use the red eye reduction on my new camera!

Simon

Edited by taysmom1016

I KNOW!!! My son was SO in love with him when he saw him...he asked me, "Is this how you felt when you held me for the first time? I just LOVE him so much!" I said, "Yes, times that by about a million and that's how I felt when I held you for the first time!" He kept saying, "I can't believe those nice people just GAVE him to us!" I just got done sending the lady a thank you email with pictures from Simon's first night in his new home...he started out sleeping with my son, but soon jumped up on my bed (no easy feat, my bed is pretty high for a little kitten) and slept with me all night...guess my nights of sleeping alone are over....WORTH IT!!!

Hey Jackal,

Nice to meet you too :D and welcome! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your pets. They look cute. I hope you feel comfortable and safe posting here. I've found personally that it's a good community with caring people. I enjoy playing computer games too. It's a good relaxing method I think. Anyway, welcome and enjoy yourself!

Hey Jackal,

Nice to meet you too :D and welcome! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your pets. They look cute. I hope you feel comfortable and safe posting here. I've found personally that it's a good community with caring people. I enjoy playing computer games too. It's a good relaxing method I think. Anyway, welcome and enjoy yourself!

Video games are relaxing? (Just kidding, I know they can be!) Somebody should tell that to my 12 year old son! :Coopwink: He gets SO mad at them sometimes, I keep buying nice mellow games and he keeps going back to the Zombie slaying ones....Can you recommend any his MOM can play to relax? :computer:

Edited by taysmom1016

Hey Jackal,

Video games are relaxing? (Just kidding, I know they can be!) Somebody should tell that to my 12 year old son! :Coopwink: He gets SO mad at them sometimes, I keep buying nice mellow games and he keeps going back to the Zombie slaying ones....Can you recommend any his MOM can play to relax? :computer:

My mom loved puzzle and word games.. But she also really loved the original Legend of Zelda. And sometimes slaying zombies IS relaxing, haha!! But you're talking to a woman who had a zombie wedding at a year round haunted house! :biglaugh:

Hey Jackal,

My mom loved puzzle and word games.. But she also really loved the original Legend of Zelda. And sometimes slaying zombies IS relaxing, haha!! But you're talking to a woman who had a zombie wedding at a year round haunted house! :biglaugh:

That's hilarious!

Hello and welcome! what console do you play on? or are you PC?

Mostly PS3.. My husband and I actually each have our own TV and PS3.. We have all the other consoles and I do occasionally play PC games but my heart lies mostly with Sony.

Hello and welcome! what console do you play on? or are you PC?

Mostly PS3.. My husband and I actually each have our own TV and PS3.. We have all the other consoles and I do occasionally play PC games but my heart lies mostly with Sony.

cool, I'm an xbox guy myself.

Nice to meet you Rosey. I don't post a lot on forums because no one ever answers me or bothers with me so I gave up too. Started again today. Welcome though.

Also obsessed with Netflix love hill sky go now tv lol. All them are great! Xbox is another favourite of mine sims 3 ect :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice to meet you Rosey. I don't post a lot on forums because no one ever answers me or bothers with me so I gave up too. Started again today. Welcome though. Also obsessed with Netflix love hill sky go now tv lol. All them are great! Xbox is another favourite of mine sims 3 ect :) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Jbarnski. Wanted to answer you. :) In another forum where I post, I'm considered the "thread killer". My posts seem to end any & all discussion. And yes, that does make me feel paranoid!

@JD- I'm posting so that your post doesn't end the discussion... :smilingteeth:

Also, just wanted to say greetings to you, Rosey. I too have pet babies (a dog and a cat), as well as a human one too. I, too, am artistic or atl least I try to be. I love Netfilx as well as gaming. I also love art, reading, and tattoos. So if you ever want to talk, feel free to shoot me a line.

Nice to meet you Rosey. I don't post a lot on forums because no one ever answers me or bothers with me so I gave up too. Started again today. Welcome though. Also obsessed with Netflix love hill sky go now tv lol. All them are great! Xbox is another favourite of mine sims 3 ect :) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice to meet you, too! I've had the same problems in other forums, too.. But people are much friendlier here from what I've seen. Yeah. I don't know what I would do without Netflix.. Just started watching Torchwood now that I've finished all the Doctor Who on there.

Hi Jbarnski. Wanted to answer you. :) In another forum where I post, I'm considered the "thread killer". My posts seem to end any & all discussion. And yes, that does make me feel paranoid!

Well, that could be a good thing! Maybe you could go on threads where people are fighting and just Shhhhh them with your magical thread ******* powers?? :smile:

@JD- I'm posting so that your post doesn't end the discussion... :smilingteeth:

Also, just wanted to say greetings to you, Rosey. I too have pet babies (a dog and a cat), as well as a human one too. I, too, am artistic or atl least I try to be. I love Netfilx as well as gaming. I also love art, reading, and tattoos. So if you ever want to talk, feel free to shoot me a line.

Bwahaha, you're like a boy version of me it seems! :biglaugh: Nice to meet you!