Sign in to follow this  
Locut0s

How Do You Feel About Yourself? On A Scale Of 1 To 10?

How would you rate your self worth?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate your self worth?

• 1.I'm worth less than sh!t. I wish I wasn't alive. If someone accuses me of something it's always my fault even when I know it's not. Everyone is better than me.
    • 6 The average person
    • 10 I'm awesome, I'm the bomb. When someone accuses me of something it's usually their problem. I'm better than most people.

i am staying at 1 for now, i cant understand why i am constantly sick every day of my life. if its not a chest cold, its upset stomach, or fatigue,. etc etc. cant i just have one good healthy day? guess i am not allowed that

I rated myself a 5 because rationally I know that I'm not a bad or worthless person. But I sure don't treat myself very well, and most of my behavior reflects someone who doesn't think much of herself, so deep down I think that's the way I feel about myself.

I voted 4 seems just right for me I don't think it would change.I don't have any problems with my looks but more about how much i've failed at things I get nervous and anxious really due to a history of having a low track record of success academically,personally and professionally . I'm really behind where I should be at this stage in my life acheiving everything much later than im supposed to it really shattered my confidence and faith in myself.

I put a 7 - seems a little big headed - for the most part I like who I am. I have come a long way in finding and accepting who I am.

Could be anywhere from a 3 to a 10 depending on how exactly my mood is swinging at the moment. Overall I'd say 5 though

at this point in my life, I feel so loved by people that matter most to me. Relationship with my husband is on the upswing and my parenting skills has improved according to him (only one whose opinions/views I listen to). I'm generally the go-to person in my family. Among my siblings, my mom seeks my advice about anything and everything. Its ironic that my family does not know the depression I suffer from, they'd probably freak out if they find out I'm seeing a psychotherapist....lol

my mood swings have definitely levelled out, thanks to coping mechanisms I learned from CBT. I have discovered my happy place and I've locked "D" in a door that leads to a spiral staircase. When I feel I'm about to lose it, when I'm about to blow my top or something that ticks me off keep ruminating inside me, I visualize the door to "D" and I literally force myself not to go near it.

I know I'm in high spirits when I give more than I take.

Live and love,

-Im

Body image aside, I've rated myself a 2. I've been hating myself for the better part of 5 years. Sometimes I feel a little better, usually not. I've definitely been at a 1, but currently I'm at a two. A little better at least?

I rated myself a 4. This is how I feel most days, unless I'm in a crisis - not actively hating myself, but not terribly impressed with myself, either.

Three for me. 14 months ago, it would have been below zero. I really tanked.

Funny thing, on Monday, I would have answered 7. It was a great day.

3 I'm really not worth anyone's time of day. If something were awful were to happen to me, at least it didn't affect somebody who might affect others. This sums up how I tend to feel about my self worth, I suppose.

Average, used to feel bad about myself/beat myself up for feeling bad for no reason and feel slightly worthless. Combination of meds and acceptance of my condition/meds kinda fixed that though.

I cant vote on something like this. This is how I feel.

I know I can do a ton of things and I am really good and dedicated at anything I do but depression (anhedonia and fatigue) makes it impossible for me to do anything at all. I have no doubt of my abilities and I feel i can do anything I want if my depression was gone, through diligent training and education and time. It is not false confidence, I really feel I have any career available to me if I chose it. I feel i am intelligent, wise, and I used to be extremely motivated. I know who I am, I know what I want, but I completely lack any motivation to do anything at all. I dont care. At all. Now I often say 'dont care what others think" but this is something I learned to do when I didnt have depression and is not related to my anhedonia, it is a trained skill.

So my potential is massive and I know if I c an get out of this depression my life will be very successful bar any sort of major accident like lightning.

I wish I was dead. I want to die. I can't **** myself because well, its wrong, and God said not to. Otherwise I wish I was dead, but I am very afraid of dying even though I have faith. I constantly have feeling that I dont want to exist and to commit sucide, but it feels like its not me saying them, its not schizo but it feels like these are intruding thoughts.

I want a wife and kids and some meaningful honest work. I want to be a good man. I want to have character and moral excellence. I want my life to honor God. I do not care about life or money or power and sometimes I even think of not having family at all. With such a large amount of meds and depression I have come to many realizations about consciousness and potential of my mind and feeling. By simply taking a drug my emotions can go from feeling bad to not feeling bad about something, or even happy. Nothing external changed, only chemicals. I believe my depression is mostly if not fully biological.

I fail everyday at being a good person and I struggle not to sin. I know that my entire life is pointless and worthless and my all my good deeds dont matter but I still must do them. I feel like Sisyphus pushing a boulder up a hill, but spite is its own reward. The only way I can deal with the overwhelming pain of life is to not take life seriously. Only 20% of the time I feel sad but it is very bad when I do.

But this disease, it makes me want to die, and makes me apathetic. I know who I was and I know what I would want and be like after this curtain has been raised. But I am not that person now I am unable to do much of anything due to extreme fatigue and almost zero motivation. I do not feel God will punish me and I do not feel I am wasting my life because I do believe this is a physical problem. I used to feel i was wasting my life but I know this isnt possible because it doesn't matter what I do with my life, only intent matters, not results, that is what God cares about.

So while I mostly have anhendonia and apathy towards everything those old values of mine come through sometimes. And with ritalin I have regained the ability to think and use my mind, except my memory is extremely poor and when I am feeling bad I cant think again.

So how do I view myself? I view myself like the boulder Sisyphus pushed up the mountain, full of potential but unable to move itself.

I rated myself as a 2... I used to feel really badly about myself. I used to feel a really heavy, painful feeling in my chest when I thought about the aspects of who I was and how much I hated myself. It's only recently that I'm noticing my better qualities and standing up for them but it is still hard. Like my shyness. I am a shy person and have always hated that because I wanted to be confident like Mrs.So-and-so. I eventually came to accept that it's acceptable to be a shy person. I don't really hate myself for it. I still feel guilty that I can't be outgoing or confident though. But sometimes I try and tell my self talk that, "HEY. I'm shy, and maybe, sometimes, that's cute."

I say a 2 because there are a lot of things my self talk doesn't let me hear the end of. I can't say that I "Hate" myself anymore. I still don't like or love myself though. I do find myself verbally abusing myself in my head though. :(

I think this scale should be from either -5 to 5, or -10 to 10, with the average person in the range -1 to 1, or -2 to 2 respectively.

But on the scale as it is, I would rate myself as a 3 today. Yesterday I was a 2. During my MDE's I was a 0 most of the time. On good days I feel like a 4. When I'm drunk, I feel like a 6. When I'm high and hammered, I feel anywhere from a 6 to a 9. Feeling like a 10 is dangerous.

Oh Dysthymia... Lots of SI lately. For the past couple weeks. More than normal. I know feeling like a 3 won't last, so I'm grateful for it for now.

I'm gonna upgrade to a 5 today. After a false start two weeks ago, I am determined to swear off the alky forever. It has (or rather, I have) wrecked far too much of my life. The goal is worthy, but the road to it is rough and never-ending.