Sign in to follow this  
dawnfall

Is Trying To Commit Suicide An Unforgiveable Sin?

Suicide is not a sin at all. It isn't m*****. "Thou shalt not ****" is a mistranslation from the original Greek. It was "Thou shalt not m*****." m***** requires an unwilling victim. That is not the case with suicide. This same lie is still going around, and the whole point is to pressure someone into staying in a place that causes them constant, unrelenting pain and anguish. I've made four attempts. If God's going to flush me for that, so be it.

And I have no idea why that word was truncated. It was not a swear word.

Edited by notgoingtomakeit

not,

I'm sorry you have been in such pain to make those attempts......it would be wonderful if things could change for you......I believe we all have a purpose here, and someone as creative as you who uses the Planet of the Apes (it looks like) as your avatar would be very useful and needed most definitely!

I don't want to go "there"...I have had major depression since I was 21 and now I'm 52....it's never gotten easier, but life has been good at times. I'm in pain now too, and I'm ready for some good again. That's how I keep going right now...remembering how nice the good feels.

Peony

not,

I believe we all have a purpose here,

What is it?? I've asked everywhere I could think of--no one has ever had a single answer. And how do you know we all have one? What was Hitler's purpose? PolPot's?

and someone as creative as you

What did I do or say to indicate I was creative?

who uses the Planet of the Apes (it looks like) as your avatar

I use this avatar because I am trapped on a planet of apes. Screw, get drunk, get high, screw, get drunk, get high, screw, get drunk, get high. Apes.

would be very useful and needed most definitely!

I'm not useful and I'm not needed by anyone for anything. I'm through. I can't live in this garbage.

Edited by notgoingtomakeit

Not,

If you are through, then why do you come here to get input? Maybe you want help?

I found my purpose at 41 - teaching those who are forgotten and feel less than......I found it on my own....which is what you would have to do.

Your creativity shows through your use of planet of the apes as an avatar....despite or including the reason for using it.

Sorry, I don't buy that you are not useful or needed....I hate this world too right now, but that doesn't mean that I or you are not needed by people who are good and need some help.

Peony

this is for those who believe in the God of the bible: blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is the only unforgivable sin.

some understand or believe that suicide is equal to m*****; I personally don't. mental illness colors our world in a different light because it is an illness. if one takes his/her own life for example because of the law that's a different matter. but let's not even talk about suicide lets talk about finding a way to help you. let us not give up place.

Please don't do anything to harm yourself. There are people who need you and truly love you. You should focus on life because that is what God would want you to do. I am not saying that people should commit suicide but I feel truly sick people aren't condemned for being sick just as children wouldn't be denied Heaven if they died. I know someone whose family has a history of suicide and they themselves have tried to commit suicide on numerous occasions. I feel that they went to Heaven due to not having the mental capacity of realizing that what they are doing is wrong. The person I know is religious and he (as far as I know) has not tried to commit suicide in ten years. He takes powerful sleeping medicines and because of them not always working, I have the fear that he may act on suicidal thoughts. I know he wouldn't do on his own accord though. All of us feels degree of sadness in some shape or form but please know that you are loved and people need you!

In short - No. No sin (except blasphemy) is unforgivable.

“I promise you that any of the sinful things you say or do can be forgiven, no matter how terrible those things are. But if you speak against the Holy Spirit, you can never be forgiven. That sin will be held against you forever.” - Mark 3:28-29

But this does not mean that you should do it. God's heart would be broken.

From what I have learned about God, I would think that He is capable of forgiving all sins. I wonder though, if the reason that suicide is seen as an "unforgivable sin" is because it does not allow for repentance? The way I understand it, you need to be sorry for your sins and atone for them as well and then God forgives you. So, you are required to "do something" too, you have to take steps to show that you want to change the sinful behavior. You can't really do that if you commit suicide.

I can say that I have considered suicide myself, and as someone who does believe in God, this is how I "talk myself out of it". Every time. Sometimes though, it leaves me feeling a bit trapped because I feel so miserable and it seems like the option of making it go away "for good" is "out of bounds" for me, if that makes any sense. Then, I feel guilty for even considering it in the first place.

As someone who is experiencing a very low point in her depression, I can completely understand the struggle with suicidal thoughts. I struggle with those. People often ask me how could I struggle with depression and an overall feeling of hopelessness if I am a Christian. I don't understand it myself, I just know that I feel that way and that others do too.