Sign in to follow this  
meeyow

Clinical Trial - My First Interview.

I found a clinical trial that I was interested in being a part of. So I asked for more info and it seems I am a good fit so far. Its for Major Depressive Disorder that has not responded well to three antidepressants.

This is a brand new medication - its IV - so I have to sit through an IV drip. I don't have to change or stop taking the meds I am already on at all.

Its being done through a local college hospital funded by AstraZeneca. It is a brand new medication that is similar to ketamine. So far similar studies have gotten outstanding results.

I'm also being paid 50 dollars each time I will be there - which is 3 times a week for several weeks.

The first interview was about 3 hours. I will say it was pretty grueling. They ask you everything about your history with depression. There were a few times that I cried and I was very tense and nervous. They delve pretty deep to make sure you are a good fit for the trial. They did vitals, an EKG and drew blood to check for HIV, HEP C, and some other things. And a urine to make sure I am not pregnant.

I have done other clinical trials unrelated to depression as well.

I just wanted to mention that if you can find one that might be right for you its a way to make extra money while doing something therapeutic for yourself and to help others.

PM me for more info and I can point you towards the website that lists the trials and facilities.

This is great. I've read some of the studies using Ketamine as a fast and effective treatment for major depression and it looks very promising. If wish there were some clinical trials in my area but I'm just glad it's being researched further. Good luck, hope you're feeling good soon!

Great news for you. Let us know how you really feel when you are treated, any promises are worth investigating. Ketamine can be quite a powerful drug and has legal and illegal uses. I guess the trial is not on Ketamine but a new evolved version which may give the highs without the lows.