No Job No Future

dommykeay123

I've been looking for work for around 6 weeks now and i've not had one interview! I spend most the day searching for jobs but i just seem to get nowhere. I'm starting to give up hope i try and try but it just does not seem to matter. I feel like everything is out of my control and I can feel myself giving up. So frustrating I just don't know what to do. I can keep trying but what's the point i can feel nothing is going to change. i've tried being positive and it just gets me nowhere just gives me false hope. Just feel like i'm getting in the way and wasting everybodies time.

I know the feeling. I have heard this from so many other people too, though... people that I admire greatly still can't find employment. It's just a tough world out there, and there are more people than jobs in this economic slump, it seems. I know it's really hard and discouraging, but you have to remember that it's not your fault, and you have to keep trying. In the meantime, maybe you could do volunteer work or seek out some kind of unpaid internship or something? It could keep you busy and motivated and help build your resume.

I know what you mean. I've been looking for months, and not even a phone call. Part of me is relieved, as phone calls scare me to death, but I'm tired of being unemployed.

It's a good idea to start volunteer work in the meantime. It keeps you busy, and it does look good to future employers. I do animal rescue, and believe me, if I didn't, I would go crazy.

if i'm doing voluntary work I feel like i will be wasting time when i could be looking for paid employment I know many people get great pleasure from helping out the community but i think my family won't accept it as they are on my back to look for work plus i am so desperate for money but still i do need to keep busy i just don't know.

Well, you can't spend all day every day looking for work, can you? I've actually heard that it's easier to seek for a new job while you're currently employed, because it gives you more confidence and helps you focus your energies on what you really want, and it would keep you from obsessing over a situation that - like you said - you really can't control. As long as you keep looking, I don't see how it could possibly hurt to at least spend a few hours a week volunteering. Creative projects (writing, music, art) could also help.

Altermentality is giving you some very good advice. You can't spend all of your time looking for a job. You need something to take your mind off of your job search every once in a while, and volunteering, personal projects, etc. could really help.

I know the feeling. It took me a long time to find employment, and then I latched to the first job I've got accepted to, which proved out to be a big mistake.

As the others said, it might be a good idea to try volunteer work/unpaid internship. If anything, it is likely to prove more helpful in looking for "actual" work than spending days looking for it, because it a) improves your CV b) gives you contacts c) gives you confidence, so you don't have to feel that you're wasting your time.

Reading this thread is a wake up call for me. It jolts me into the realisation that although I have a job that I am extremely unhappy in, I still have a job! If it means anything to you dommy, I feel for you not finding employment. All I can say is keep trying and keep believing.

I've been there, finding a job in this country in this economy is not easy. The job I have now is not something I wanted to do and nothing thats relevant to the qualifications I have, its just a job. My advice would be, don't be picky. Not insinuating you are, but its advice I think is important these days and to keep in mind.

It can feel very hopeless, but trust me. Something always comes along. All the best.

One other thing I want to add on this thread. I truly believe that no job is more important than the next. It matters not what job you do, but more that you have a job and even more so how well you do your job.