Sign in to follow this  
wallywa617

Why Don't They Care?????

my boss pulled me aside yesterday because, even though it hasn't affected my work at all - i'm still doing awesome, she's worried about me. she said i scare her and she worried about me all day the day before. its sad to me how someone who only knows me in a work setting can still how badly i'm doing when my own family doesn't seem to give a . i just don't understand why i don't deserve them to care..... will they finally get it when they wake up one day and i'm no longer here?

Edited by wallywa617

Families are weird about things like this especially because they really don't understand what you are going and they are putting it under the rug perhaps? My family didn't really take me seriously either, it was frustrating but it's really good you're getting support elsewhere.

There is some really good news here, you have a boss who is concerned for you. That is a massive support for you and I guess your depression. The negative is that you don't feel you have your families support. I assume you have told them what's going on. If you haven't then now is the time, explain why you're acting as you do and what you would like them to do to assist you. I didn't tell my parents directly for two years, but they knew something was wrong, now I told them and I receive better support, occasionally too much but.... Let your good friends know as we'll, they can be a great lifeline, just people you can talk to. I wish you all the best and massive hugs to help get you through this, and feel the support that will help you.

Take care.

One thing is for sure, he is wrong. You must respect yourself, above all else. You are a unique individual with a destiny as yet unknown, but its yours to discover. I know little about your situation, age or finances but you really must seek help from a real person, doctor, friend, therapist and determine what your best path through life is. You can overcome this, although it may be tough, and you need to be in the right place to do this, mentally and physically. I truly feel for you and truly believe that you will be OK. I CARE, as I am sure others do in this forum. We care for you.

Oh I have been in your shoes. I called home at age 20 from my dorm room, and told my mother that I needed help, I needed to see a therapist or a psychiatrist. I told her that I wanted to **** myself. My father said "stop talking like that you are upsetting your mother."

A few weeks later my mother said "everyone wants to **** themselves honey, thats how life is."

I went to go see a therapist and paid for it myself. I got on medication. It was around this time that I met lots of new friends and people and realized that my family (who I really wanted to care about me, support me, and be there for me) were not going to be supportive and that I was barking up the wrong tree looking for them to be helpful on this topic.

It has taken me 20 years almost to continually keep telling myself that they are/were who they are - and I be grateful that I have friends, a husband, and others in my life who DO understand and DO care.

Hugs. We understand and we care.

What I keep telling myself everyday and I don't know if i'm lying to myself or not is that maybe they just don't know how to process this information. Maybe they blame themselves and they're not sure how to handle that. Maybe they're in denial. I'm sure they care but they probably don't really know what to do about it.