What's Going On With My Life ?

Confused26

I'm 17 years old and I'm a jr in high school I'm Hispanic and idk if its depression or me growing up but I have so many thoughts about my life. I am a very popular person in high school but I've come to realize I'm very different from everybody and I'm now realizing how different I am and I just wish my life was like every bodies and I don't know why I'm thinking like this its basically driving me crazy. Everyday I question my life and I wonder why I'm so separated from everything. I'm so aware of my feeling and in stuck in my thoughts

Hi Confused, welcome to the forum!

High school can be a very trying time (although it's been so long ago for me, I have a hard time remembering!), so many changes, adulthood approaching fast. You say you feel separated, are you sad or anxious? Is there someone you could talk to, your folks, a guidance counselor, doctor, etc.? If it helps to talk about your feelings, you've come to the right place. This forum is full of wonderful caring and supportive people. As a mom, I would urge you to talk to your parents if you can. I deal with depression every day and have for a long time and have been very honest with my son about it (he's 12). I also have told him many times that he can always come to me with anything no matter what. So many kids say there folks won't understand or they don't want to worry them but trust me, they want to know.

In the meantime, I hope you'll hang out here with us, cruise around the forums and make yourself at home, you're among friends who care!

I'm just confused , And I don't want to let my mother know she is going through a lot of stressful things and I don't want to stress her. I would come here to find answer and thought I'd make one to try and get some sort of help I feel embarrassed talking about it to somebody who doesn't understand it

We're all here to help. I remember going through a time when I was a lot younger when I felt like I was watching my own life from the outside, I think they call it depersonalization and it's very normal. I felt like I was losing my mind and it was very scary, like nothing was real. I suffered from anxiety attacks, social anxiety and just overall fear. I think it just eventually slowly went away as I pushed on with my life. I got married, divorced, had a kid (yes, in that order, a little backwards I know) and then a near fatal illness at 42 that seemed to bring everything crashing down again with the anxiety and depression but at least I understand it a little better.

I'm probably not helping you much but if there's anything I can do, just let me know. My son and I go to my dad's on weekends (no internet and I haven't advanced to a smart phone yet...April I upgrade and I can't wait!) but I'm usually on the boards every day during the week, or feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

I apologise for my response in this thread. Though I still stand by my statement, being popular is not important in life.

I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are and I do wish you the best in overcoming it.

Edited by Doommantia