Random Thoughts

Seuss

I'd be so crushed if that had happend to me! I hope you're doing alright Shio, it seems you're taking it quite well. -bear hugs-

Thank you Moogie -- bear hugs back!

Over the years regarding men/bfs I've learned to not waste energy on people who do not genuinely care about me.

I've gone through my part of hurt, anguish, heartache, loneliness and plans to get him back Until I realised WTH if he had any sense of self esteem, empathy and a good heart I

wouldn't be dwelling in negative energy only to crush myself more. MInd it took more then one exbf to make me realise this.

It's somewhat enlightening to have come to this point in my life.

Thank you for your support Moogie as well as for your hug - it truly means a lot to me regardless if it's virtual. :flowers:

Hmmmm glad I did not take the last date seriously.

Yes I am flattered to be hit on then asked out for a date after he gives me his number. Terms of endearment gushing from his phone calls n texts --- sweetie, hunny bunny :yuck:

Met up to see a movie though he wanted 'fun' and I "wanted" to see the movie ----- ten minutes into the movie he goes to the washroom and never came back lololololol

Well at least i got to see a medocre movie for free

Ah the story of Shio's life what's up to attract the wrong men (I honestly do not know - feel like a deer caught in head lights that just got run over time n time again)

Sounds like he was a real jerk; I'm sorry that someone treated you that way. I understand the pain. :hugs::flowers::hugs:

This forum has been an immense help, but I've noticed that I have to physically avoid one particular thread that I used to reply to in order to not spend the whole day upset.

How can ONE thread have such power over me?

I'm sorry Reggie; I know that that can be frustrating and painful. In answer to your question, for me anyway, sometimes certain things just act as triggers for me and the timing and things change. I think a lot of it depends on "where I am" in my recovery, etc. It is a hard adjustment learning to react or not react on the fly to changing triggers, again, for me. I hope this helps in some small way.

Namaste,

Zen

Yes I am flattered to be hit on then asked out for a date after he gives me his number. Terms of endearment gushing from his phone calls n texts --- sweetie, hunny bunny :yuck:

Met up to see a movie though he wanted 'fun' and I "wanted" to see the movie ----- ten minutes into the movie he goes to the washroom and never came back lololololol

Ah the story of Shio's life what's up to attract the wrong men (I honestly do not know - feel like a deer caught in head lights that just got run over time n time again)

So sorry. Too damned many people getting the wrong ideas. Another entry in the Pro's column for staying alone. I so hate it. *sigh - godamnitsomuch*

Hi Lostplanet,

Thank you if anything it's taught me to see the difference in individuals who are earnest to those who only want things for themselves.

:smile:

Sounds like he was a real jerk; I'm sorry that someone treated you that way. I understand the pain. :hugs::flowers::hugs:

Hi Zen! Thank you :flowers:

I knew he was pretentious with no real intention. His terms of endearment after a week of talk/text was a dead give away. So no pain here if anything I'm proud of myself to noticing the difference between good and bad so to speak.

I knew he was pretentious with no real intention. His terms of endearment after a week of talk/text was a dead give away. So no pain here if anything I'm proud of myself to noticing the difference between good and bad so to speak.

Yes, the way I always approach relationship/dating scenarios is the dealing of the "honorable intention" cards… and the watch out for the raising and waving of the first RED flag….

Good for you shio! :Coopclapping:

I really hate that "You're Beautiful" song by James Blunt - like, REALLY hate. I can dislike songs but still listen to them, but this one makes me want to stick forks in my ears.

- Christina

Kinda like me and Christmas songs at the grocery stores. One can only take so many horrible versions of Little Drummer Boy before wanting to fill one's ears with concrete.

So, is this your way of telling me that I should send you a Little Drummer boy mix CD for the holidays? I thought so. :tounge:

- Christina

When people talk to us, they need to ask very specific questions so that we reveal our feelings. Asking general questions such as "Is everything okay?", "How are you?" and such is tedious and usually causes us to reply "Yes", "I'm fine", which couldn't be further from the truth.

I really hate that "You're Beautiful" song by James Blunt - like, REALLY hate. I can dislike songs but still listen to them, but this one makes me want to stick forks in my ears.

- Christina

Kinda like me and Christmas songs at the grocery stores. One can only take so many horrible versions of Little Drummer Boy before wanting to fill one's ears with concrete.

So, is this your way of telling me that I should send you a Little Drummer boy mix CD for the holidays? I thought so. :tounge:

- Christina

LOL!! :tounge:

First time in three days I slept well. Guess the thunderstorm last night cleared my head.

Nice I love listening to rain n thunder at night when in bed..... something very comforting about it

I learned that the writer Khalil Gibran was a family friend of my great great grandparents (who were also Lebanese), and when he came to Boston, he would read to my great grandfather and great grand aunt as small children. I thought this was really interesting, especially as a fan of Khalil Gibran. Wish I had the opportunity to meet my great grandfather to ask about it, but he died shortly after I was born.

- Christina

Edited by neurotic_lady89