Random Thoughts

Seuss

Or how about that awkward moment when you're off in a daze, staring off.... Then you realize you're actually staring at someone and they're looking back at you like, "***?" ...then you dart your eyes away from them, but you want to look back so bad to see if they're looking at you still... Then you do, they aren't looking, but right when you look, they look.... You've been caught again... And now they're "***ing" again... It's an endless cycle.

Edited by Elicia

It might be an illusion, and according to our current understanding of the universe it should be. Stuff like quantum mechanics though throws all that logic out the window, so maybe our will is the same way.

Yes, free will could well be an illusion. The pompous executive center of the brain taking all the credit  :laugh:

Oh, and the double slit experiment, where photons change their behaviour if you stop observing them, which suggests there's something fishy going on with our perception/reality itself. And the whole thing where particles on different sides of the universe have been shown to influence each other, with no logical explanation. When I read about that stuff, most of it flies happily over my head, but at least I'm enjoying reading stuff I mostly don't understand.

Sorry - Talking about this stuff is how I make people's eyes glaze over at parties :-)

Quantum entanglement (spooky action at a distance) is just mind blowing. It begs the question - will we ever be able to fully explain everything... say, 5 Einsteins later? :laugh: Stephen Hawking says he doesn't think there's a 'theory of everything' - only a bunch of theories, each applicable under a given set of conditions. What we observe and measure isn't 'objective reality'. To a goldfish stuck in a bowl, light is curved. That's its reality.  

So our realities are just perceptions - doesn't that imply that a schizophrenic's experiences or even vicarious experiences are just as valid as 'real' experiences? And escapist tendencies don't seem so bad! I wonder if more people would choose virtual reality over 'reality' in the future when technology is really advanced and its hard to tell them apart. Many already do. Maybe they don't have to feel too guilty about it.  

Edited by winry

I just realised, I hate being old.  It SUCKS.  And I don't want to hear about how it beats the alternative.  If something sucks but beats the alternative, it STILL SUCKS. 

Speaking of which

https://youtu.be/POl5E7-9EMk

my current goto when I'm feeling edgy.  Because I get to shout SUCKS!!!

I loves me some Allison.

Edited by Straha

How to be pretty

Just be yourself ;)

being yourself isn't enough in this world HAHAHAHA (well, in my case, yeah)

but thanks though ;)

It may not be for some people, but for those that are worth your time. it will be. Pretty isn't the color of your skin, or the shape of your waist or how up to date your outfit is.  Pretty is being true to yourself.

Edited by freckledface

How to be pretty

Just be yourself ;)

being yourself isn't enough in this world HAHAHAHA (well, in my case, yeah)

but thanks though ;)

You'd be surprised at how often it is :)

Though actually being comfortable with yourself can be difficult when bombarded with all these ideals and unrealistic images

Quantum entanglement (spooky action at a distance) is just mind blowing. It begs the question - will we ever be able to fully explain everything... say, 5 Einsteins later? :laugh: Stephen Hawking says he doesn't think there's a 'theory of everything' - only a bunch of theories, each applicable under a given set of conditions. What we observe and measure isn't 'objective reality'. To a goldfish stuck in a bowl, light is curved. That's its reality.  

So our realities are just perceptions - doesn't that imply that a schizophrenic's experiences or even vicarious experiences are just as valid as 'real' experiences? And escapist tendencies don't seem so bad! I wonder if more people would choose virtual reality over 'reality' in the future when technology is really advanced and its hard to tell them apart. Many already do. Maybe they don't have to feel too guilty about it.

Oh wonderful, wonderful!! Love it :-)

Watching a Brian Cox documentary. Man he's awesome. I love how he says "something-G". His 'ing' words end with an extra "G". Mr Cox, you brainy person, you're allowed to say 'ing' however you damn well like lol.