Random Thoughts

Seuss

I know it's a really vague topic but some.....okay, most of my thoughts would fit better under this heading. Doesn't matter what it is just what ever happens to bouncing around your head.

The one that keeps revisiting my mind is greasing up with Crisco and sliding across the kitchen floor, just sounds like fun! :smilingteeth:

No one said it had to be a rational thought or even a good idea. :smilingteeth:

While I have an awful suspicion this fun-looking thread will get deleted, I'll make my contribution now anyway...

One thing I've always wanted to do is sneak into one of the convocation halls at my school where there's a really nice piano on the stage, and just rip out some Bach preludes and fugues. Seeing as how I'm not allowed to even be in there without faculty approval, I'm not sure how this one will turn out if I decide to go through with it =D

Ode to DF

Oh Depression Forums

I wake up every morning

And stare into your horizon line

I can feel the mist from the ocean

Sunset so beautiful

Or Sunrise - whichever you prefer

Awaiting me and bathing me

in precious sunlight

Your blue pages are comforting

Wrap me in your threads

I'm forming a web

We are passionate about anhedonia here

We want to find the cure

Oh Depression forums

I love you more and more

I know it's a really vague topic but some.....okay, most of my thoughts would fit better under this heading. Doesn't matter what it is just what ever happens to bouncing around your head.

The one that keeps revisiting my mind is greasing up with Crisco and sliding across the kitchen floor, just sounds like fun! :smilingteeth:

No one said it had to be a rational thought or even a good idea. :smilingteeth:

I like the Crisco idea. I would probably do it if nobody else was here. My thoughts are about moving away from this state in a few months. I can't wait to move somewhere where it doesn't snow.

I was thinking about how when I was a little girl I loved Valentines day. It was like christmas to me. I loved making my valentines box with the paper hearts,lace and ribbons. Addressing the valentines and the party with cupcakes and fun. Then counting all the valentines I got and rejoicing when I got a special valetine from a boy I liked.

Wondering whether to take medicine that is five years old, even though I just read the following:

" What they found from the study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after the expiration date."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm thinking about logic. Even the word would put some people to sleep. One of the thinking errors described by logic is called "over-simplification." It means to think or express something complex in a way overly simplistic: simplistic to the the point of misrepresentation and error.

I am thinking now about how this little error causes so much misery in the world. How often have I been out in public and heard a parent say to a child: you're stupid, you're lazy, you're selfish, you're stingy, you're impolite, you're ungrateful, you're a bad girl [bad boy]. How often do we "sum up" ourselves or others with one or two words like these?

From the trillions of things and events that make up a human being, we select one. We abstract one and then use it to "sum up" the entire person. Is this just harmless and playful exaggeration? Is it just a logic error? Or is there not maybe a moral dimension to such exaggerations and sweeping statements and logical errors? We think like this about ourselves and others. It is kind of reckless in a way. It does an injustice to not only a complex human being [maybe ourselves], but to truth itself: a double injustice. We enjoy rhetoric but not logic. This reminds me of someone trying to fix a delicate watch mechanism with a sledge hammer. It is rhetoric as a form of violence. I wonder?

I´m currently writing a book based on this illness I´ve carried for such a long time and I truly love it.

There is so many treasures there. I´ve found miracles in darkness and interesting shadows in the light.

The story is there. It will take a long time to write, although most of it exists in my diaries. Now I want to make it interesting and inspiring for people who have suffered from this illness and hopefully help someone who is in a dark place, thinking he is trapped.

Most of the time we are trapped by the mind. It´s the starting point and the turning point. When that starting point is healed, the rest will follow.

I wonder what it feels like to experience just one emotion at once, or no strong emotions. I feel at least ten emotions at a time, often conflicting with each other or conflicting with my thoughts. It's exhausting.