Sign in to follow this  
Forum Admin

An Inspiring Message From One Of Our Members

I so needed this.  This is my first time on the forum.  I have depression with social anxiety and learning issues so posting anything publicly has been difficult for me.  I usually just scan the forums and listen to everyone else.  Its so comforting to know there are Good people out there.  Anyways thanks for sharing this 🙂

Hi, I just want to write somewhere that I'm in a low place right now.

I have to get it out of my chest. Although I have a job and my family is ok, I'm not doing well. 

That's it. I needed to tell someone. I'm not gonna **** myself and I'm gonna pretend like everything is fine, but I really, really feel like the path ahead of me is worthless. 

I have no idea what I'm supossed to do in this situation. 

Take care, have a good night (or day) and try to be safe. 

7 hours ago, Tatlez said:

Hi, I just want to write somewhere that I'm in a low place right now.

I have to get it out of my chest. Although I have a job and my family is ok, I'm not doing well. 

That's it. I needed to tell someone. I'm not gonna **** myself and I'm gonna pretend like everything is fine, but I really, really feel like the path ahead of me is worthless. 

I have no idea what I'm supossed to do in this situation. 

Take care, have a good night (or day) and try to be safe. 

Hi Tatlez,

Sorry to hear you're not doing well.   Like most here, you sound like you have at least the minimum conditions for a happy life,  yet you're depressed.  Being aware of that is necessary, to try and fix it, to help yourself.  If you're new to the idea of depression, then typically you're supposed to seek help.   Broadly, the choices come down to medicine,  talk therapy including groups and all manner and level of mental health professionals, and self help books.  A talk with a professional or counselor is always a start.  Look over the topics here and click on them to see the conversations relating to the subject.  Lots of good stuff, ideas.

Best, Bulgakov

Thank you for these words. This is my first day here and hopefully I will find a way to better handle my depression that's been a part of my life for so many years now. I've been hiding my thoughts and feelings all my life so this is actually the very first time I'm opening up about my problem. It's scary but I need to do something, start somewhere. 

Lately I've read through/completed several CBT workbooks, and I really felt like I had it under control. I slipped yesterday. I've never liked to call depression an illness, or to claim it like "I have depression." But looking back it's been this way for a very long time, even when I was a kid. Maybe I'll open my mind to accepting it as such. 

I will agree with what was said here on the way we've structured our societies and workplaces. It's always seemed like a whole lot of nonsense to me, very empty and meaningless to keep on producing and consuming and competing. 

Thank you so much for the meaningful and whole-hearted message. I needed this. I am very happy to be here.

It's really nice to read something like this. It's somewhat lifts up all the burden for a moment and makes us feel we are not alone. I wish all the people who are experiencing hardships with mental issues will be free. Imagine how happy this world can be.