Sign in to follow this  
Forum Admin

An Inspiring Message From One Of Our Members

Hello....Good day! So I am not sure exactly what to write, just signed up and all., but I wanted to let you know that I appreciate you sharing your journal entry. I am going off effexor xr right now (the right way) but I have been on it for so long it seems and the doctor has pretty much told me that my husband is going to want to sleep on the couch for a bit. I am sure she was trying to be funny, call me "Crazy" I have yet to find the humor in that statement; okay maybe a little. Anyway it is good to know that we are not alone in the world. Thank you again and I will send you all the love and light manageable.

I am new here too and also wanted to write thank you for this post especially the second last paragraph about functioning really resonates with me. It feels like in society it is all so systematic that people are expected to be drones/emotionless robots to become succesfull in life through the waay institutions are structured which is such a pressure even if you are not ill, let alone if you are.

It is also very lovely to write this - I defintely do blame myself for being 'weak' and unable to cope so this post made me feel better thank you so much.

You

are not lost, or dumb, or anything less than what you are meant to be –
physically, geographically, emotionally, financially, spiritually. Even stuck
in traffic: You are supposed to be exactly where you are.

You

need to stay until you know where you are. If you try to move beyond where you
are at, you get to come back to where you are at anyway. If you stay long
enough, it will shift and lead you to the next organic place of itself. Honor
your inner life and trust the process.

Transition

is a bridge; it is going somewhere. Right after the most strenuous stretch,
something glorious is waiting. Something worth working for, worth hanging in
there and pushing for when you don’t feel like pushing. After the pain comes
new life.

You

are in transition. You can’t fly over it; you have to go through it. There will
always be a way through. Remember to breathe.

I am new but want to say thanks for the message. I was looking for a place to have someone that understands me. I have an unusual home life, I am not only fighting depression, I am a full time caretaker for my ill husband.

I have tried sucide, I don't want to get to that place again. There are days when I can't see any light at the end of tunnel. I feel alone so I am so very happy I found this sight. Thanks to everyone for making me realize I am not broken and I AM NOT ALONE.

You are right on with what it is like. It is hard for those who don't experience it to understand but conversely, those of us with depression struggle to understand as well. We don't know why we feel a we do. We just know how we feel and wish it were different.

First I want to thank you for sharing with us. I am new to this forum (or any forum) but have suffered from depression for 37 or more years. Over the last 10 years I've taken it more seriously, trying different medications, seeing a therapist. Today is a hard day so I thought I might try communicating with people who understand. I have a husband who is just "sick of me". I feel so alone, especially since I just found out my daughter has a serious addiction problem. So thanks for sharing those uplifting words.

WOW... Thank you very very much!

I have never looked for support online, and today I decided to google it...

This was the first link and now I know why I was lead here :)

Reading this made me hopeful... a feeling not commonly found around these parts.

My heart feels elated... again- THANKS!

Wow, I can't even begin to express my thanks for this post. I have been in a dark place for a while now and reading your uplifting post has helped spark a bit of hope again. Not many people in my life understand how hard things are for me right now. I suffer from a lot of chronic pain in addition to the psychiatric problems. My dad and brother have also been diagnosed with depression, but they get relief from the medications they take. Neither of them see therapists multiple times a week or a psychiatrist. I have felt so alone and now I feel more connected with others. Thank you very much for that!

I blame myself - my depression started with post-natal and turned into deep clinical depression, I do have quite a lot of friends but I dont' want to grind them down with my wows and so find myself tonight in not a good place, thank you also for writing what you did, at the minute I'm dealing with my 15 year old daughter who tried to take her own life a few weeks ago, this has made things worse to the extent I blame myself even more, even though she was being bullied, its heartbreaking :( my eldest daughter also went through bullying from nursery and so as you can imagine our family is finding things really hard at the minute and to be honest, I am feeling heartbroken. :(

I am new and this post really really helps. I know I need to be here.

I have suffered for so long alone and feelings of aweful blame and why cant I just fix my life and my depression only make/made it worse.

Looking forward to healing and helping others to do the same.

I just joined and right now just trying to navigate my way through here....I have been dealing with depression for 20 years and now I am willing to try anything. So I hope this forum will offer some help and support!

Great post - for my first time here on the forum it's great to know that I'm not alone, and this is a real illness. I've been dealing with depression for all my adult life - sometimes treating it, sometimes not - and there are always times when I need to tak a step back and just breath. Thanks again for the post.

I really enjoyed reading your post. I myself was first having symptoms of major depression and bpd by the time I was twelve. I am 54 now and, while life has not been easy, I am doing all right. I have been married 32 years. I have a son who is a happy person. And while I myself don't have happiness often on a day to day basis, I think many of the experiences I have had through my mental illness have contributed to my creativity as a writer and artist.

I am finally receiving recognition for my artwork, but the most important part is that I trust my 'skewed' consciousness to show me a world that others do not see. The artwork I create is really good for my soul. Some people like it, others don't, but that doesn't matter. I use my total life and mental world to create things that are beautiful to me, and that I know add so much to my ability to live.

Never give up. The world would be cold and boring without the different people who bring color, imagination and madness into the entire experience of human life. We have so much to give.

I am sure you do.

That is probably the most comforting thing I've heard in a long, long time. I feel quilty though because on the bad days I shut people out. They think I'm mad at them and in truth maybe I am but I hate being around them when I feel so hopelessly sad. I wish I could go to a sanitarium, a nice one of course just for a month or so so that I would not have to pretend or be pitied. I really don't like myself or anyone else when I get like this.

I just discovered this site today. Reading the many posts & valuable info has made me feel less alone in my struggles. Your post especially was so encouraging. Thanks so much!

hello,

(Please excuse my long winded ramble)

I am newly registered member. My God, I am in awe of the few posts that I have read. Over the past few months, my "underlying" depression has become overlying, consuming, fatiguing and debilitating. The words that I have read in the short time that I have been on this forum has given me some reassurance that I am not alone, not crazy and that there is validity to the way I am feeling. I have been in search of something tangible, some medical diagnosis to prove there is a reason for feeling/being "this way". My psych NP looked me in the eyes the other day and said "face it, face what you know. You know what it is." and I assured her that I did not know. She said" you have clinical depression and anxiety". at the time I still didnt buy into it. I am not that person who struggles to be happy. Why should I be? I have a great family, a good job/carreer (albeit stressful as hell), I have friends (that I now avoid for fear of being a downer). I have everything I need to be happy. So what gives??? How the hell did this happen??? Well, she was right. The exact words used by others in this forum are the ones I have used over and over in describing what this all feels like. But I am trying.. I am fighting. I am fighting so hard, the fight itself is tiring. Changing my thought process, forcing myself to face the day, taking medication 5 times or more per day, seeing my therapist weekly, my psychiatrist, my Primary care Dr, being an active member of life without bringing down those around me. Its friggin WORK. Although some days I wake up, get out of bed and carry on, almost forgetting that I ever had a problem. Those days I feel as though it is now behind me, I have beat it...thank God its over. Then for as little reason as having a good day, it all comes back. Maybe by feeling so low, like I want to be buried deep in the earth. Or it may feel like I am crawling out of my skin and my heart is pounding and I am on edge and I cannot possibly face the day. I am a nurse and I am only now at the begining of understanding all of this, how to manage it. And I can see many of my (also nurse) colleagues do not understand. That in itself is scary. That is why we feel so isolated and misunderstood. If healthcare proffesionals do not understand than how can others? We have so very far to go in understanding and accepting this as a real "tangible" illness. To us who wish nothing more than to experience "normal people" occasional situational anxiousness or "a case of the blues". This illness is so real and tangible we feel it in every fiber of our being. But we can and will beat it. Not all at once like I sometimes hope, but by chipping away at it ,by stareing it down, by pushing through it..just like it did to us to get us here. Thanks for having this forum. I think this will help me chip away at this darkness.

This helped me a lot. When my meds are working, I have days where I completely forget I have depression. On days like today (really low), I need to realize that it is a chronic condition that has flare ups. Reframing it like that lightened my load just a little, but it made a huge difference. Thank you!

Edited by Lilblueblonde