Storms Elevate My Moods

Geode

I seem to be different than most people in one respect. Storms, especially thunder storms, will elevate my mood when I am depressed. For some reason I find it soothing to see foul weather when in a depression. I just wondered if anybody else had noticed this about themselves, and why they thought it happens?

Yea I also like stormy weather. I find it exciting, relaxing and feel cozy when I take shelter or watch it from my window. I also like severe rainy weather when I'm inside a tent.

I prefer more summery, tropical storms like in Florida, to the cold miserable ones. Bad weather reminds me that nature is a powerful force, and that survival is what really feels good in the grand scheme of things.

Oh My God. Storms, huh?

Welcome to Iceland. We have polar storms that turns your car into a snow mountain and your house into a ski resort. :) Lol. Only kidding.

On a serious note, I do understand the comfort of the storms when you´re inside and everything is warm and cozy. I also remember being in Southern Europe on a stormy evening and it was beautiful.

When I was in Florida, I was in awe of the hurricanes. They are majestic and it´s wonderful to take a walk after a storm. Even polar storms here. There is something cleansing about it.

I'm the same way. I find thunder and the sound of rain really soothing. I live in Florida, so I get heavy rain almost every day in the afternoon for the summer months and I love it! It seems so cleansing and beautiful.