Sign in to follow this  
screenman

Doughnuts?

My mom made the best glazed doughnuts. Many times we would get off the bus and smell that yeasty goodness and run for the front door. They would still be warm and we had to be told not to scarf more than one. I remember she would use a well-rinsed cap from the dish soap bottle to make the holes.

Going to pick up some doughnuts tonight but I'm feeling much better than when I first posted this...

So hang in there guys... Things can & will get better... I still visit here once in a while & it puts my life in

perspective...  Now I'm going to get some HOT Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.. You guys should treat yourself 

to something special...

This thread isn't the best thing to be reading at 4am while battling insomnia. The local bakery opens up in an hour and I can almost taste the mouth watering deliciousness. I never knew what donuts were suppose to taste like until I visited this bakery. (insert drooling smiley here)  My favorite is a plain glazed or a custard filled long john with chocolate frosting and of course, the donut holes that melt in your mouth.  The place is both heavenly and sinful.

Edited by freckledface

There's this place in my part of the world that makes cider and cider donuts. Now I want one...or more to go with my coffee.

Or an apple fritter.

Or chocolate glazed chocolate donut.

Or all of them and I'm not sharing with my son or husband, but I'll share with you guys here.

Edited by Dolphin2013

There's this place in my part of the world that makes cider and cider donuts. Now I want one...or more to go with my coffee.

Or an apple fritter.

Or chocolate glazed chocolate donut.

Or all of them and I'm not sharing with my son or husband, but I'll share with you guys here.

I haven't met a donut I don't like lol!

Tim Hortons has a Nutella doughnut now, and it is delicious!   They also have Nutella pastry pockets too but I don't like those as much - the Nutella in them is cooked so it's a slightly different consistency.

mmmmmmm

Tim Hortons has a Nutella doughnut now, and it is delicious!   They also have Nutella pastry pockets too but I don't like those as much - the Nutella in them is cooked so it's a slightly different consistency.

I wouldn't think that cooked Nutella would be that good... but a Nutella donut :D

I'm in the mood for a freshly made donut that's still warm, cut in half to make a sandwich, and filled with a couple of slices of bacon.  Like, the good bacon.  Not that fatty mess that gets stuck in the teeth.

Mmm ... heart attack ...

So I picked up some Jam doughnuts that were the counter at the supermarket today and the woman behind the counter said "Oh they are 2 for a £1 today"...so obviously I took two bags.

It was weird how it was automatic and my mind didn't even question the notion once, that's the power of doughnuts :P

Sign in to follow this