Positivity Thread: 3 Things That Went "right" Today, Edition #11.

PeacePilgrim

-Going to bed rather early and with an interesting book :). (The book is my motivation for going to bed and it helps to switch off my heavy thoughts)

-The window in my room got fixed (hopefully, there will be no more draft)

-Found which medicine most probably causes my gaze to shake (gabapentin)

Edited by 4444

1. Managed to finish another chapter of my fanfic as per schedule. Believe me, when you try to stick to a schedule and it is something creative you try to fulfill within a time frame, it can be really difficult depending on how well your imagination is flowing.

2. Even with all the crap happening around me, I still managed to keep a positive mood. Singing or humming out loud and not caring what others think does wonders.

3. Came up with new ideas for a story and thought out existing ideas to perhaps pave some details in there.

- health-wise: went to a doc to renew some medication, started to reduce the medication that gives a side effect

- financially: answered the message about my old stuff I'm trying to sell online and saved some money (even if a small amount)

- mental health-wise: hanging out on this forum

1) I made it to my appointment and back without too much trouble.

2) I was able to get some food with a gift card.

3) I saw a praying mantis in a parking lot, which never happens, so I looked up the symbolism and found this on a website:   "An appearance from the mantis is a message to be still, go within, meditate, get quiet and reach a place of calm. It may also a sign for you to be more mindful of the choices you are making and confirm that these choices are congruent."  Interesting.

Found this on another website:  "When a Praying Mantis is seen, diviners try to determine the current message. In this culture they are also associated with restoring life into the dead."   Maybe I'll be restored.  I hope so.

Edited by LoneSquirrel

1. Got up, ate breakfast, fed the pets.

2. Got to work on time. Was professional and appropriate (even though I feel like my entire world is falling apart). Finished almost everything I needed to do at work!

3. Read and responded to threads of DF during my breaks and felt less alone! Came home and ate a healthy dinner (ha, ha I snuck an extra thing that "went right" in there). 

- Made sure I ate some lunch and sat and read my book for a while - very thought provoking. 

- Found a nice purple jumper in the sale 

- I dropped my car keys in the supermarket but a nice lady ran after me and gave them back :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

- Engaged with an old friend I saw in the supermarket who I hadn't seen for years

- Blackadder boxed set arrived in the post so I am looking forward to settling down and watching it later. 

- Had a nice gammon steak and chips for lunch.

- Got to the auction safely (2 hour drive) and had plenty of time to look through the lots.

- Had time to spare to explore the scenery afterwards and visit a local castle before it got dark

- Got a long text from a friend today who I haven't heard from in a while :smile:

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:16 PM, Nisemono said:

Lol. What? Ahh! that probably makes sense in some context. Sorry, just me.

Well, a crawlspace is the area under a house that makes it possible to do certain repairs under that house.  If it doesn't have a sump pump to pump out water when it rains, the crawlspace becomes flooded with water, and the humidity will eventually cause rotting and mold to occur.

What do they call a crawlspace and a sump pump where you live, @Nisemono?  Or perhaps there's some sort of slang where you live that makes what I wrote sound dirty?  Let me know.  :Coopwink:

2 hours ago, Jalen said:

1. Ate a muffin

2. Carved A Pumpkin

3. Didn't let myself sit in thought, because we all know how that ends...

Will you be eating the pumpkin seeds?  I always toasted the seeds and sprinkled salt on them.  :hugs:

First house group meeting went well, we sorted out what we are going to do each week, chatted about various topics and had a :hugs:at the end. 

Found a new bottle to add to my collection in a charity shop.

Made some progress with continuing my reply to my friends long email.