Sign in to follow this  
Trace

How Is Your Weather Today #15

The weather is great here.  It's December in Ohio and it snowed once so far and that snow didn't amount to anything.  It's going to get into the 60s twice this week.  I worry because this is Ohio.  I remember a day when it was in the 80s and below zero in the same day.

Grey.  Feels like the temperature is grey.  Things look grey.  Sounds sound grey.  Smells and tastes are grey.  I'm almost certainly projecting my state of mind into the environment!

The NW is having unusual weather.. we had a tremendous wind and rain storm the other night… knocking out power, uprooting trees- smashing up homes and cars.. then the next morning we were having thunder and lightening  for hours ..   the forecast says this will continue for several more days….

After a mild couple weeks of rain now it's dreary with snow flurries and 21 degrees F dipping down to 10 F tonight in the Twin Cities. Typical. Bleh! :yuck: I'm wearing fingerless gloves to type this in my office in my new apartment that has lots of old leaky windows. Time to invest in some window plastic.

Weather in my head? Of course, what other kind of weather is there...Well, silent rain falling and I can't see through the white fog, or smog...completely lost hoping that a weather forecast for next days and years will be not so cruel to me as it is now.

Winter is coming.

From the National Weather Service:

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING
THROUGH MONDAY EVENING.

* TIMING...FROM MID-MORNING MONDAY INTO MONDAY EVENING.

* SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS...UP TO ONE INCH OF SLEET IN FAR
SOUTHEAST WISCONSIN TO 3 TO 6 INCHES OF A SNOW AND SLEET MIX
TOWARD DARLINGTON AND DODGEVILLE.

* FREEZING RAIN ACCUMULATIONS...UP TO ONE QUARTER INCH INLAND FROM
LAKE MICHIGAN.

* WINDS...EAST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH GUSTING AS HIGH AS 45 MPH
MONDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS AS WELL AS POTENTIAL
POWER OUTAGES FROM FALLING TREE LIMBS.

I'll be getting 3-6 inches of snow instead of an inch of sleet.  #SoBlessed

Edited by SpiralingMind

I really am enjoying this unseasonably warm weather; wearing warm weather clothes all winter. I'd better get some sweaters out of storage; kind of dread the middle of next week when winter will be back -