Sign in to follow this  
Rexxsi

Has Anyone Got A Basic 'living Schedule' And If So, How Has It Worked Out For You?

I'm thinking of planning a basic "living schedule" for 2013 and I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this and how it has worked out for them before I go ahead and try this for myself...

I am thinking of something like this:

Before 12pm:

1. Shower / bath, wash face / hair and brush teeth.

2. Eat breakfast.

From 1 - 3pm:

3. Tidy up and put clothes in washing machine.

From 8pm - 12am:

4. Min time spent on projects for work.

What do you think?

The list only details the things I specifically have a lot of trouble with.

I have left out other things such as dinner and getting food supplies, because I have less problem doing those things.

But, I am thinking I need some kind of incentive to help motivate me to do these things in the first place, some kind of reward.

Maybe I should copy this list onto paper and make it a kind of checklist by which if I manage all of them, I get to treat myself to something nice.

If you have any experience with this, please tell me how it has worked out for you. Did it help get you into the swing of looking after yourself?

Many, many thanks for any input.

Good for you, I think this is a great idea. Just be sure it's doable, don't set your self up for failure. If you need to start small and work your way up to longer periods of time it's okay. The last therapist I had was really into worksheets to help monitor progress and having something to fill out can keep you motivated to succeed. One of the most helpful worksheet I would do was a daily activity log; it would track my activities hourly through out the day and rate my mood and feeling of achievement for each activity. It essentially created a chart of what was keeping me stuck in ruts and what was beneficial. It showed how much time I spent doing things that weren't helping my mood. You're definitely on the right track.

This is a great idea Rexxsi.

I did up something similar and what I struggled with was hating myself for not getting everything done. It might just be how I think (I am a bit of a perfectionist) but I felt angry at myself if I didn't tick off everything in a day. Try to be kind to yourself, anything that you can achieve is a victory and a step forward.

In fact you have inspired me to do up a new daily check-list, thank you!

Definitely think this is a great idea!!! When I was at my worst I had a similar sort of plan. It helped me function at the most basic level and if all I did in the day was fulfil one item in each section, I went to bed feeling that I hadn't been a waste of space! Mine was

1) be up by 11am

2) shower or brush teeth (I couldn't manage both at the time)

3) need to feed cats

4) 3pm must have eaten something and drunk at least 1 glass water

5) 4pm done either: washing up / clothes washing / cleaned cat's litter

6) 5pm HAVE YOU HAD YOUR MEDS?

7) make dinner 8pm

that was pretty much it but it kept me going. Now I am much better, I still have a weekly 'to do list' which keeps me motivated and less stressed xx

Very good idea as it may make you feel more productive and distract yourself. One thing, expect to start small and steady, there will be bumps but as long as you acknowledge them and move on, you are gradually helping yourself. I don't mean to come off negative but more realistic.