Sign in to follow this  
razza1987

I Hate People So Much

People don't understand. It is awful. When it hits, it takes over everything. There is no choice. My mom said, "but you were doing so good." when I told her I started taking meds again. Here I was feeling good about taking care of myself, silly me.

Here's the thing. The faster you tell yourself that it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, you are the only one who truly knows how you feel, the better. Hopefully others are just ignorant, not malicious. Either way, you have to take care of yourself. No one else can.

Well, how awful outsiders can be, you cannot control that. You can only control your own reactions (and even that's difficult when you're depressed). I've long ago realized that I can only listen to myself and to a couple of close friends when I'm depressed. That's enough for me. If people don't understand that, well then that's their problem.

Comments like "well start fixing your emotions. It is taking a toll on others."

"You take the negative out of everything. I'm saying that you need to just learn to mask the negative and learn positive. I am constantly depressed do you see me wallow in self pity 100% of the time?"

What the hell do these people think they are saying. I HATE being like this. I DON'T WANT to be like this. Don't they think if I could just snap out of it and wave a magic wand I would? It pi**es me off when every day they ask me if I am still depressed. Depression doesn't just go away. These people are making me even more depressed because they are making me put pressure on myself to feel better when I just ca

i totally understand where your coming from, i too use to have close friends who always asked me how i was feeling. they thought just because i was out at a party or a bar and laughing that automatically made me better? far from it, it was my way of escaping the depression for a small time so i could feel somewhat better, even if it was only for a few hours.

I love people. This most recent episode of depression has shown me that the majority of people out there are good.

But I can see how conflict arises. This is down to the fact that non depressed people cannot understand what it feels like to be depressed. Like my brother and sister try to tell me how to fix me depression as if I was some lost soul in life that needed guiding. I was getting along fine before this horrible thing enveloped me. If they had depression I wonder how they would be.

They mean well of course.

Yeah, it really is tough. I guess just try to patiently explain to them that you are going through something difficult and need support more than anything, not chastisement. My favorite question that I get is "what are you depressed about"? Shows people obviously don't understand what they are talking about. But hang tough! Focusing on other people's negative responses probably won't make you feel better. Maybe try doing something nice for one of these people out of the blue? That way, next time they get frustrated with you, they will remember that coffee you got them or the box of doughnuts you brought to work. It feels good too!

I think people have the best intentions, but they are so ignorant to mental health that they think there is an easy to fix since its not physical and they cant see the problem.

My parents are just like this, saying things such as "chin up, least youre not in Africa starving" like thats supposed to make me feel better. If anything thinking of people worse off than myself makes me feel worse, that and comparing problems between two people in totally different cultures and worlds so to speak just doesnt make any sense. Their problems are completely different to any problem a person in a developed country would have, problems are relative.

I dislike people a lot that say these phrases and have the attitude I just described, but I try to accept that they have the best intentions at heart. Even if they don't, I feel its better for me to think that than get angry.