Sign in to follow this  
K C Dubs

I Can't Do It Anymore.

Its all so exhausting, and I just can't keep going through life like this. I have no reason to be depressed yet I still am. Life is not fun to me anymore, and because of my anxiety, I spend all day worrying about nothing. I'm going to flunk this semester of college too because of all of this. I feel so overwhelmed and like I'm losing control. I can't take it. I've been dealing with this s*** for almost a year now, and I don't see myself ever beating it. I just want to give up.

Hello KC Dubs

We don't always need a reason to be depressed, but it still can hurt. I'm sorry you're struggling with college. I am a student too and I know how it can be. Are there counsellors at college you can talk to? perhaps they can talk over with you the options you have like withdrawing from this semester so you don't have to fail. Don't give up

(((hugs))

I guess I shouldn't say there's no reason. Anxiety is the reason. But i sware it feels like this is never going to get better. I just can't see myself thinking any differently. I'm always going to have anxiety and I'm always going to be depressed... It all seems so hopeless.

Hi KC Dubs,

I too am a student who suffers from anxiety and depression. I've recently been switched to a new med and already my dosage has been doubled. I'm also in therapy, which is helping, as are the meds to some degree. All of this is to say that there are people here, like me, who honestly know the hopelessness you feel. I also wonder if I'll ever be completely free of the anxiety and depression, but for now, just coping with the slightly lower level of both that I do have is enough. Hang in there, friend, and feel free to lean on us for support. That's why we're here.

Hi KC Dubs. I don't know. If someone had given me a choice I sure wouldn''t have chosen to be depressed and anxious! But at least on this website we have each other to lean on.

I love your picture!

Thanks. I love the people here. They are very supportive. Its just so unfair. Why us?

I know, it is unfair. And far too often the next thought on people's mind is that they did something wrong, or they are bad person.. It feeds itself and soon you're even more depressed than before. In reality horrible things happen to people who would have never deserved anything but happiness.. I don't know why the world works that way :(

Edited by Onelightburning

Yea. Its all so ****ed up. I just wish I could go back to the time when everything was right in the world and things seemed to make sense... That thought may be the only thing thats keeping me going. Maybe one day, a day in my lifetime, they will find a cure, and we can all be free of this.